To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the leadership of the Manager and Director of Medicine Services works collaboratively with physician leaders, physicians, Advanced Practice Providers (APP), and staff of Sleep Medicine program to ensure goals and objectives are successfully met. Responsible for providing clinical leadership to LPN's, service excellence, nursing policy implementation, nurse education, and direct oversight of daily nursing operations of the Sleep Medicine program.
- 1. Collaborates with Manager providing clinical oversight of nursing responsibilities in Sleep Medicine Program.
- 1.1 As the Lead Coordinator, coordinates the daily nursing operations of the Sleep Medicine program to ensure a smooth, efficient, and high quality service. Consults with other departments when necessary to effectively coordinate patient care.
- 2. Assists Manager with management and supervision of nursing initiatives within the Sleep Medicine Program.
- 2.1 Assists Manager with providing vision and clinical leadership to nursing staff in a collaborative environment that offers job satisfaction, recognition, and stimulates innovative thinking to accomplish goals and objectives.
- 3. Maintains responsibility for nursing performance, clinical care, and nursing initiatives associated with the Sleep Medicine Program.
- 3.1 Supports physician leader and Manager with ongoing management of the Sleep Medicine program.
Nursing degree, Bachelor's of Nursing degree preferred.
Five (5) to ten (10) years experience as a nurse in an acute care setting with at least three (3) years experience in an ambulatory setting.
Current Connecticut RN license required.
Must have excellent clinical and decision making skills and understanding of organizational processes. Must have ability to make independent judgments and implement required changes. RN must be a change agent and possess excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, and leadership skills. Must be self motivated, goal oriented, and able to work independently. Must have the ability to work cooperatively and effectively with physicians, clinical staff, and patients utilizing effective verbal and written skills. Must be proficient with computer based applications. Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet specific deadlines.
RN experience required, previous experience with sleep studies preferred