Under the direction of the Vice President (VP) of Human Resources for Greenwich and Bridgeport Hospitals, responsible for the strategic development, implementation and administration of all Human Resources activities at Greenwich Hospital. Manages and participates in planning, developing, recommending, and implementing Human Resource programs and maintains policies to ensure the uniform and equitable treatment of employees by providing consultative support and partnership to leadership on a variety of complex issues. Manages the day to day departmental activities, keeping the VP apprised of non-routine developments. Serves as a strategic partner and consultant to managers, senior executives and employees on established Human Resources policy and procedure matters.
2. Prepares and analyzes department budget to identify budget needs and /or reductions, and may allocate operating budget funds. Develops and manages the budget for areas of responsibility. Ensures departmental budget compliance. Actively participates and represents VP HR in budget mitigation discussions with senior leadership.
3. Responsible for the development and execution of Human Resources policies, procedures and practices ensuring compliance with all applicable employment laws and regulations. Ensures policies, procedures and practices are consistent with current legal trends; adjusts existing policies as required in a timely and effective manner.
4. Consults with management staff members and counsels employees on issues relating to employee discipline and grievance process.
5. Designs and oversees the coordination of various aspects of employee engagement surveys and other methods to assess and report the employee relations environment in the Hospital. Identifies problems or concerns where attention is necessary. Develops and implements appropriate action plans with line management to promote and maintain a positive employee relations climate.
6. Ensures that a strong and effective preventive labor relations program is effectively executed, including the identification of potential problem areas, collection and interpretation of data, and interaction with departments to ensure equitable treatment and a positive work environment.
7. Oversees the research, and preparation of compliance response documents to agencies, investigative complaints, discrimination claims, unfair labor practice claims, etc.
8. Oversees the development, implementation and execution of a variety of retention programs designed to promote and to enhance a positive employee relations work environment and job attitudes. Ensures the development of appropriate, informational or participative activities with other departments in the Hospital to further the objectives of the Employee Relations function, e.g. Employee Wellness Program promotions, Talent Management and Succession Planning.
9. Responsible for the development and delivery of appropriate training materials that support the Employee Relations and Human Resource functions such as: employee discipline, employee counseling, performance assessment, contract administration, pro-active labor relations, etc.
10. Partners with COEs (Centers of Expertise) in the development, coordination and administration of programs.
11. Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation ; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
12. Participate in various committees, forums and taskforce assignments as may from time to time be assigned.
13. Possess excellent oral and written communication skills, superior analytical abilities and demonstrated leadership skills. Prior experience in health care is strongly preferred.
BA required, Master's preferred
Previous Healthcare/HR leadership management experience, highly preferred. Minimum 5-7 years Human. Resources experience. Demonstrated experience in evolving culture. Strong change agent experience.
SHRM, or other applicable HR certification preferred