To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Coordinates and oversees all work related to the inventory managment of the Hospital Supply Assets. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 1. Performs daily inventory procedures.
- 1.1 Process reports in the Materials Management procurement system to generate auto replenishment to the physical inventory.
- 2. Monitors the Materials Management Inventory information system.
- 2.1 Generates reports and performs data review to validate the proper operatoin of the inventory replenishment process.
- 3. Researches and corrects inventory discrepancies.
- 3.1 Corrects discrepancies found by user departments within 48 hours of receipt as indicated by departmental feedback and supervisory observation.
- 4. Oversees/performs the patient charge data entry function.
- 4.1 Oversees/enters charge data into the Patient Charge System according to established department procedures as observed by supervisory feedback from source departments.
- 5. Coordinates the annual physicial inventory.
- 5.1 Produces accurate reports for verification of stock locations within the warehouse as observed by supervisor.
- 6. Performs all related duties as assigned.
- 6.1 Performs all related departmental duties as needed or assigned with accuracy and completeness as indicated by review of supervisor.
- 7. Demonstrates appropriate handling of medication in accordance with the following guidelines.
- 7.1 Removes medication stock to be stored in Hospital Supply from delivery vehicles when arriving to the BH receiving area.
High school diploma or equivalent
1 year data entry and inventory control experience
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and/or hear. The employee is required to sit, stand and walk. They must frequently stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, The employee must occassionaly life and/or move up to 25 pounds. The specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Incumbnets as well as external and internal applicants who become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without the assistant of reasonable accommodatoin as determined on a case by case basis.