To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works under the supervision of the Nurse Manager/Clinical Coordinator. Provides oversight of non-RN personnel on the assigned unit.
- 1. Assesses the patient's physical and psychosocial condition on an ongoing basis throughout the continuum of care.
- 2. Assesses learning needs. Provides education to patient and family. Documents plan provided, patients understanding and any outcomes. Education provided verbally and in writing.
- 3. Assists the provider in intra-office procedures. Demonstrates the ability, and knowledge, to set up for procedures. Maintains a sterile field. Complies with Universal Protocol. Provides care in compliance with regulatory bodies, YNNHS policies and standing orders.
- 4. Assesses patients in office and over the telephone for need of intervention, and is able to provide assistance in a timely manner.
- 5. Performs nursing duties including, but not limited to: physical, pain and psychosocial assessment, documentation, vital signs, bladder scan, Uroflow, catheter insertion and removal, medication administration and use of POCT (Point of Care Testing).
- 6. Demonstrates the ability, and knowledge, to handle and transfer clean and dirty instruments/equipment. Maintains competence in the use of the Trophon for high level disinfecting of ultrasound probes. Maintains competence in point of use cleaning of instruments. Disinfects equipment and room as determined by hospital standards and/or policies.
- 7. Verifies information in chart is accurate and up to date, including but not limited to: reason for visit, health history, surgical history, medications, allergies, preferred laboratory, preferred pharmacy, fall risk, pain assessment, psychosocial assessment, learning assessment, preferred language, and social history. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department.
- 8. Functions as preceptor to new staff.
- 9. Functions as charge nurse.
- 10. Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. BSN preferred.
1-2 years Urology experience required. Recent ambulatory/medical office experience preferred. Proficient in use of computer software to include electronic patient records. Must have ability to use internet for literature searches regarding care for patients.
Valid State of Rhode Island Registered Nurse License, BLS required within one month.
Hospital and unit based orientation provided
Exposure to bodily fluids and biotherapy. Bending, carrying items < 25 pounds, sitting/on phone for longer periods of time.
BSN preferred. BLS. Outpatient Urology experience required. Epic Ambulatory experience preferred. RN assists in patient care by rooming patients, procedural set up, assisting provider, triage phone calls, POCT, etc.