To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
To Provide Any And All Elements Of Care In The Assessment, Planning, Interventions, Evaluation Of The Perioperative Patient. The Asc Rn Will Demonstrate An Energetic, Enthusiastic Patient Centered Approach To Care That Reaches Beyond The Boundaries Of His/Her Primary Locus Of Care. The Asc Rn Will Assist In The Overall Functioning Of The Asc Performing Any And All Duties For Which He/She Is Competent. This Includes But Is Not Limited To The Responsibilities Of The Rn In The Practice Setting, As Well As Any Supportive Duties That May Be Necessary For Efficient, Effective, Productive Patient Care And Department Flow.
- 1. Assesses The Patient?S Physical And Psychosocial Condition On An Ongoing Basis Throughout The Continuum Of Care.
- 2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Reflecting Individualized Patient Problems And Interventions To Achieve Desired Outcomes, Involving The Patient, Family And Healthcare Team In This Process.
- 3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Perioperative Team.
- 4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Plan Of Care, Patient?S Response To Care, And Readiness For Discharge. Revises The Plan Of Care As Needed.
- 5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Documents Education Provided.
- 6. Provides Preceptorship To New Staff.
- 7. Demonstrates Ability To Organize The Schedule As The Charge Nurse.
- 8. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 9. Performs Other Duties As Assigned To Ensure Effective Operation Of The Asc.
- 10. Demonstrates The Ability To Provide Perioperative Care According To Aorn Standards And The Policies And Procedures Of The Asc.
- 11. Implements Actions To Maintain A Safe Environment For The Patient To Include But Not Limited To:
- 12. Positioning
- 13. ?Time Out?
- 14. Medication Management
- 15. Prevention Of Nosocomial Infection
- 16. Prepares And Organizes Materials According To Patient Needs And Surgeons Preferences.
- 17. Checks And Maintains Department Equipment And Supplies Including Autoclave Check, Instrument Assembly And Decontamination.
- 18. Safely Operates All Equipment According To Manufacturer Specifications. Insures All Necessary Instrumentation And Equipment Are In Working Order. Follows Through With Repair/Replacement As Needed.
- 19. Implements Case Breakdown Procedure Insuring Minimal Downtime Between Cases. Assists With Room Turnovers.
- 20. Provides Complete And Accurate O.R. Records.
- 21. Communicates/Documents Patient Status And Care Needs To Appropriate Team Members.
- 22. May Be Crossed Trained Into Other Rn Roles In The Surgery Center
- 23. Demonstrates Competency In Moderate Sedation.
- 24. Develops Skills In Marketing And Promotion And Represents The Lawrence & Memorial Hospital Ambulatory Surgery Center As Its Community Emissary.
Graduate Of An Accredited School Of Nursing; Bsn Preferred. Proficient In Use Of Computer Software To Include Electronic Patient Records. Must Have Ability To Use Internet For Literature Searches Regarding Care For Patients.
Two Years Operating Room Experience Working In A Variety Of Surgical Specialties Performing Both Scrub And Circulating Duties Required. Ambulatory Surgery Facility Experience Given Preference. Has Demonstrated Independent Thinking In Previous Position And Willing To And Capable Of Applying That Skill In A New Environment. Has Demonstrated Critical Judgment And Decision Making In Other Situations In The Absence Of Manager.
Valid State Of Connecticut Registered Nurse License
Certification In Peri-Operative Nursing Preferred (Cnor). Bls Required.