To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Call Center RN is responsible to drive Population Health through clinical access and communication in a fast paced Call Center environment. Communicates with patients, physicians, and hospital staff providing unparalleled experience and support in the following capacities; interacting with patients virtually to assess their clinical needs and/or requirements to achieve and/or maintain their health, evaluation of patient medical concerns, initial screening of patient signs and symptoms, follow up on test results and guides members toward and facilitates interaction with resources for care and wellbeing. Acts in collaboration with patients multidisciplinary care team.
- 1. Performs telephone triage with diverse patient population and refers for medical management as appropriate.
- 2. Effectively communicates with patients, physicians, insurers, DME suppliers, home care agencies and other staff outside the Yale New Haven Health System providing accurate, timely and responsive information.
- 3. Use effective communication skills and good judgement in interacting with providers patients and families to correctly appraise individuals needs and capabilities in order to successfully facilitate information exchange and make appropriate referrals
- 4. Follow up with patients providing test results, education and escalation for medical management of symptoms when appropriate.
- 5. Responds to providers home care requests, makes referral(s), and and identifies additional patient needs.
- 6. Follows established call management guidelines, perform complete, accurate and timely documentation and data entry for all referral activity in accordance with standards.
- 7. Consistently demonstrate ability to respond to changing situations in a flexible manner to meet current needs, such as reprioritizing work as necessary.
- 8. Identify needs and make appropriate recommendations for quality improvement which creates perceived value for customers.
- 9. Maintain strict patient confidentiality.
- 10. Act as a champion for the Yale New Haven Health System signature of care.
- 11. Follows all State and Regulatory guidelines for the appropriate screening and authorization for services.
- 12. Follow up on referrals with patient and family and acts a s a liaison with providers
- 13. Obtains all requested clinical documentation
- 14. Works with the payers to verify all insurance requests for authorizations are obtained.
- 15. Demonstrates patient service excellence at all times.
Bachelor of Science in Nursing or other health care related field required
Minimum of two to five years of experience in nursing, preferably with experience in Care Management or Care Coordination.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Must be familiar with Medical Terminology.
Proficient with documentation and qualifying guidelines for PAC referrals
Comfortable with a steep learning curve
Proficient in Microsoft Software and EPIC.
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
Maintain calm and positive attitude in stressful situations.
Have the ability to respond to changing workload and work environment.
Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
Must have the ability to maintain professionalism at all times.
Demonstrates expert practice in daily activities.
Remains aware of advances and trends in practice and processes and applies them in practice.
Demonstrates all core competencies of Call Center RN roles and responsibilities.
Must have a valid RN License in the state of CT. Must be organized, able to prioritize and balance competing tasks working with many different individuals. Must be able to communicate and resolve issues. Self-direction and ability to proactively anticipate workload is imperative. Must have excellent computer skills