To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Director, Home Care Services, the Clinical Services Manager oversees the overall operations of the nursing, social work, and registered dietician. The Clinical Services Manager ensures practice standards are followed and delivery of safe patient care.
- 1. Coordination and management of nursing, social work, and dietary services to patients and families by direct service staff
- 2. Manages the day to day operations, edits payroll, ensures adequate supplies and resources available and acts as the clinical resource.
- 3. Conducts applicant interviews, participates in the hiring process with Human Resources, and assists with the orientation of new staff.
- 4. Supervises and evaluates nursing, social work, and dietary staff ensuring competency with practice guidelines and policies.
- 5. Makes joint visits as necessary and may be required to make field visits to assist with volume.
- 6. Ensures that case conferences occur and are documented per agency policy.
- 7. Ensures accurate and timely scheduling and documentation.
- 8. Works in collaboration with other disciplines and managers.
- 9. Participates in staff meetings, in-service programs, and serves on committees as requested by the Director, Home Care Services.
- 10. Plays a significant role in the development, evaluation and implementation of standards of practice and related policies and procedures. Interprets agency policies and State, Federal, Joint Commission regulations and insurance requirements to nursing and home health aide staff.
Diploma or Associates degree with certification by the American Nurses Association as a community health nurse or completion of at least 6 credits received within two years in community health nursing theory or 6 credits in health care management from an accredited college or university program school of nursing; BSN preferred.
Minimum of three years of full time clinical experience in nursing with one year of home health experience.
Previous supervisory responsibilities in the home care setting desirable.
Registered Nurse with Valid (or eligible) Connecticut license required.
Excellent written and oral communication. Ability to effectively work with and motivate staff. Must be adaptable, flexible, have ability to learn quickly, facilitate, use critical thinking, and manage people and projects. Strong computer skills.
Must be capable of lifting (? # lbs), standing, walking, and bending.