To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Director, Ambulatory Telehealth oversees the design and execution of YNHHS/NEMG/YM's Telehealth ambulatory strategy. With input and direction from the Telehealth Executive Council, the Director will develop a program and roadmap for delivering local, regional, statewide and national telehealth services that are user-friendly, market competitive, and cohesive across YNHHS, NEMG and Yale Medicine. The Ambulatory Director will be responsible for working closely with health system and academic leadership, physicians, and operational, revenue cycle, payor relations and technical teams to direct state -of-the-art telehealth solutions and programs for patients in all stages of care throughout our ambulatory settings.
Candidate is a visible leader of the Telehealth program with direct oversight over program and project managers, trainers and all associated teams in their execution of virtual care programs/projects, and is a convener and liaison to related facilities, information technology, remote patient monitoring, equipment management, business development, marketing, physician relations, operations, contracting, billing, reimbursement, legal, compliance, physician credentialing and care delivery process innovation. Candidate is a dotted line leader serving Yale Medicine and Health System for established and new Ambulatory Telehealth service lines and associated managers and employees to ensure operational continuity and compliance.
Understands clinical workflows in outpatient, post-acute, and home-based environments, as well as technology trends and digital / telehealth needs of patients, families, clinicians, healthcare organizations, and employers. Identifies, develops, and accelerates and continually improves telehealth services across the continuum of care, including, but not limited to, Health & Wellness, Primary Care, Specialty Care, Pediatrics, Urgent Care, Rehabilitation, Skilled Nursing, Home Care, Case Management, Population Health , underserved populations, Occupational Health, Executive Health and Acute Care at Home.
Leads Systemwide process to proactively identify the impacts of outpatient telehealth changes on business strategies and proposes strategy refinements. Directs the development and implementation of initiatives such as service line management, clinical program planning, and new business development telehealth initiatives. Proactively identifies key trends in new clinical and information technology and forecasts resulting impact on the business. Translates strategic goals and objectives into operations. Develops, facilitates, implements and evaluates programs and initiatives designed to improve process efficiencies and positively affect quality, safety and/or achieve cost savings across Yale New Haven Health System.
Builds buy-in and support from executive stakeholders and leads change management efforts to transform virtual healthcare for patients and families. Represents digital and telehealth strategy to internal and external stakeholders, translating how telehealth can improve clinical and cost outcomes and patient and clinician experience. Ensures client satisfaction and builds mutually positive relationships with YM, YNHHS and non -YNHHS administrators, key physicians, payers, and community and state leaders to influence telehealth legislation, reimbursement, and service expansion in the greater Northeast and nationwide.
- 1. Direct the expansion of YNHHS/NEMG/YM Ambulatory Telehealth services.
- 1.1 Direct the planning, organizing, developing, implementing, and controlling functions as one of the leaders of the YNHHS Telehealth department, comprising YNHHS, NEMG and Yale Medicine. Responsible for all aspects of new department build, including recruitment of managers and team members and establishment of project management processes, structures, and workflows to oversee execution of new projects and programs identified in the Telehealth Steering Committee.
- 2. Direct all Telehealth business, operational, technical, regulatory, and support activities
- 2.1 Direct the development of business plans and review plans with appropriate telehealth and Finance analysts. Translate service line strategic goals and objectives into telehealth operational initiatives
- 3. Coordinate with Marketing and Communications to market Telehealth to the general public, YNHHS employees, Yale Medicine Employees spoke sites and employers
- 3.1 Oversee the creation of standardized telehealth marketing print materials, both service line specific and general telehealth information (e.g. tele-consults, eConsults, video visits) for patients and potential client sites.
- 4. Coordinate with Payor Relations for telehealth reimbursement
- 4.1 Work with payor relations for understanding of telehealth content and reimbursement requests around specific telehealth workflows
- 5. Strong management skills
- 5.1 Works with all levels of staff and management across the System and Yale Medicine, leading complex, politically sensitive initiatives.
Bachelor's degree required; Advanced degree, e.g., Master's Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration with a minimum of Project Management Professional (PMP certification) preferred.
Minimum of 7 years' experience in healthcare operations with increasing levels of responsibility. Recent experience developing, launching, managing, and growing telehealth projects and programs. Significant business and financial experience gained in a complex academic medical center. Minimum of five years professional work experience, in an integrated health care system. Experience in strategic planning, health system and/or service line planning/business development, and/or management consulting. Experience in data analysis, reporting and effective presentation required. Previous project management and leadership experience required and with demonstrated experience in leading a performance improvement team of professionals focused on hospital organizational. Experience in an academic medical center preferred.
Project Management Professional (PMP certification) preferred.
Knowledge of health care industry trends, integrated health care systems, academic medical centers, business planning, and business development. High degree of initiative, organization and perceptiveness. Excellent interpersonal skills, analytical skills and creativity. Develops effective relationships with senior managers, peers, staff and physicians. Able to handle ambiguity. Proven ability to manage multiple, complex projects, to lead multi-disciplinary teams, to operate successfully in highly political situations and to operate in a continually changing and often high-pressure environment. Has much latitude for independent judgement. Demonstrates potential for continued growth and advancement. Ability to effectively motivate, manage and develop both direct and indirect reports. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Serves as the department?s subject matter expert and resources in area of expertise (patient care, finance, operations etc.)
Schedule is Monday through Friday, daytime hours. Additional hours may be required for project work or to support program launches. Must have the ability to travel to various sites across the health system.