To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Psychiatric Case Manager - Primary accountability for the development, coordination and management of the patient's psychiatric disposition.
- 1. The case manager will work with the psychiatrist on developing a discharge plan and will monitor and complete discharge planning for acute care patients with psychiatric follow-up needs. This may include gathering collateral information and communicating with a patient's family or identified supports.
- 2. Position requires scheduled weekend on call hours. The position may require weekday coverage of vacation/sick time. The case manager must be able to report to Hospital within 30 minutes when called in during designated on call Hours.
- 3. Case Managers will maintain community resource guide, will maintain/monitor monthly statistical/data collection and system entry and will represent department on hospital committees as assigned.
- 4. Case Managers will act as a liaison between the hospital and probate court when indicated (ie: when a patient requests a probable cause hearing).
- 5. Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor of Science Degree in Social Work or Psychology; Masters Degree in Counseling or Social Work preferred.
Two years experience in health care setting. Behavioral Health experience preferred.
Theoretical knowledge of case management and continuity of care. Hospital discharge planning skills, interdisciplinary collaboration, individual and family counseling related to hospitalization and discharge needs, crisis intervention and psycho-social assessment.
50% sedentary; sitting, standing, walking from unit to unit, carrying records, speaking before groups. Must be able to speak and hear in a manner understood by most people. Must be able to communicate effectively by telephone.