To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible For Smooth Departmental Operations To Assure Efficiency And Safety Of Patient Care. Provides Leadership Support, Resources And Assessment Of Personnel To Maintain Quality Services. Provides Liaison Between Clinical And Administrative Issues Within Department. Provides Technical And Clinical Direction To Staff, Including Staff Orientation, Training And Development, Quality Initiatives And Program Development. Performs Direct Patient Care As Described In Respiratory Care Practitioner's Job Descriptions When Necessary.
- 1. Monitors, Plans And Reviews Work Of Technical Staff Through Direct Observation And Collaboration As Well As Chart Reviews And Other Activities. Provides Consistent, Timely, Constructive Feedback And/Or Action Plans For Improvement. Ensures Completion Of Annual Clinical And Hospital Competencies For Each Staff Member. Provides Evaluation Of Staff For Annual Performance Review, Identifies Performance Issues, And Issues Disciplinary Action.
- 2. Monitors Expenditures To Ensure Compliance To Approved Budgets Including Supplies, Equipment, And Personnel. Works With Staff To Adjust Resource Allocation And Needs, And To Promote Proper Use And Replenishment Of Resources As Needed, Within Established Budgetary Guidelines.
- 3. In Collaboration With The Department Manager And The Medical Director, Develops And Revises Departmental Procedures, Protocols; Facilitates Implementation And Provides Documentation For Department And Hospital Manuals. Ensures Consistency In Interpretation And Implementation Of Hospital Policies.
- 4. Oversees Pto, Sick Time, Leaves Of Absence, Educational Hour?S Reimbursements, Timecards And Other Records. Develops Work Schedules, Providing Efficient Use Of Employee Hours And A Technically Capable Staff.
- 5. Ensures Orientation And Competency Of Staff By Either Providing Direct Instruction Or Arranging Training Through Other Resources. Orientation Will Include But Not Be Limited To Day-Day Operational Procedures As Well As Hospital And Department Philosophy And Values. Responsible For Continued Staff Development By Providing And/Or Arranging Clinical Education Activities; Assists Staff In Integrating Personal And Professional Development Goals With Department Goals And Hospital Strategies.
- 6. Develops And Implements Cqi And Customer Satisfaction Programs In Collaboration With Staff, Medical Director And Manager. Evaluates And Responds To Customer Complaints And Suggestions In A Timely Manner, Utilizing Appropriate Channels Within The Organization.
- 7. Attends Required Staff Meetings And In-Services As Scheduled. Follows Up On Necessary Items.
- 8. Oversees Maintenance And Repair Of Equipment. Communicates With Vendors And Professionals To Keep Current With Equipment And Technology.
- 9. Actively Participates In Setting Departmental Goals In Collaboration With Staff, Medical Director And Manager. Encourages And Includes Staff Input In Ongoing Assessment Of Clinical And Programmatic Needs. Shares Suggestions For Positive Changes And Makes Recommendations To Medical Director And Manager To Facilitate Smooth Departmental Operations.
- 10. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 11. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department, Including Direct Patient Care As Described In Respiratory Care Practitioner?S Job Descriptions As Needed.
Bs In Related Field And Rrt Required. Ms Preferred (Currently Matriculated A Plus)
Minimum Of 3 Years Experience In Respiratory Therapy. Lead Or Supervisory Experience Preferred.
Ct State License In Respiratory Care Required.
Bls Required. Working Knowledge Of Ms Word And Excel. Ability To Gather, Analyze And Report Data.