To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works Under The Supervision Of The Manager. The Speech Language Pathologist Assesses, Plans, Implements, Evaluates And Supervises Individual Patient Care According To Professional Standards And Departmental Policies And Procedures. Provides Direction Of Support Personnel In The Assigned Area. Delegates And Supervises Area Activities. May Be Required To Work In Other Areas According To Distribution Of Staff And Patients. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Requested In Order To Maintain A High Level Of Service.
- 1. Provides Screening, Identification, Assessment And Interpretations, Diagnosis And Habilitation/Rehabilitation Of Disorders Of Communication And Swallowing.
- 2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Reflecting Individualized Patient Problems And Interventions To Achieve Desired Outcomes, Involving The Patient, Family And Interdisciplinary Healthcare Or Educational Team In This Process.
- 3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Others On The Interdisciplinary Team.
- 4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Plan Of Care, Patient?S Response To Care, And Readiness For Discharge. Revises The Plan Of Care As Needed And Makes Referrals Where Indicated.
- 5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Provides Educational Opportunities And Documents Outcomes.
- 6. Utilizing Information From The Patient, Family And Others On The Interdisciplinary Team, Assesses The Patient?S Environment To Ensure Safety Is Maintained. Adapts Environment, Interventions, And Activities As Needed To Ensure Safety Is A Priority And To Facilitate Achievement Of Goals.
- 7. Participates In And Supports Performance Improvement And Risk Management Activities.
- 8. Functions As A Preceptor To New Staff; Supervises Clinical Students.
- 9. Completes Required Training And Education, Including Department/Unit Specific Requirements.
- 10. Assumes Responsibilities For Professional Development And Participates In Activities And Committees That Foster Clinical Development.
- 11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
M.A., M.S., Or M.Ed. In Speech-Language Pathology
Previous Experience In Hospital Or Outpatient Based Facility Helpful. Level Ii ? Minimum Of 2 Years Previous Clinical Experience; Level Iii ? Minimum Of 4 Years Clinical Experience, Maintenance Of Level Ii Criteria For Minimum 2 Years.
State Of Connecticut, Department Of Health (Division Of Medical Quality Assurance)- Speech-Language Pathology Of Cfy, Application For Licensure.
Certificate Of Clinical Competence (Ccc) Qualification In Speech-Language Pathology By