To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides Patient Transport And Various Other Patient Services To Support Nursing Units. Assists Ancillary Departments In Adhering To Their Procedure Scheduling.
- 1. Ensures Patient Safety And Comfort.
- 2. Transfers Patients From Non-Ambulatory To Ambulatory Status; To Stretcher, Bed, Unit, Surgery Or Other Ancillary Departments For Testing, Etc. Also Assists Patient In Transfers From Bed To Chair, Commode, Bathroom Etc.
- 3. Proficient In Telephone Skills With The Ability To Access Tele-Tracking Phone Lines Through Out The Hospital Along With The Ability To Prioritize Transfers With In The Tele-Tracking System And Keep Communication Open With The Dispatcher.
- 4. Assist Life Star Personnel With Patient Transfers And Provides An Escort To The Appropriate Area Of The Hospital.
- 5. Ensure O2 Tanks And Other Equipment Transfer With The Patient. If Equipment Is Not Reading Appropriately Notifies A Nurse To Resolve Issue Prior To Transport.
- 6. Cleans All Equipment After Each Use And Documents Issues With Faulty Equipment And Delivers The Equipment To Biomedical Engineering To Be Repaired.
- 7. Maintains Certifications In Cpr.
- 8. Performs One Man Transports For Cardiac Catheterization And Special Procedure Patients Monitoring Patient Throughout Process And Notifies A Nurse Immediately Of Any Excessive Bleeding.
- 9. Safely Operates All Equipment According To Manufacturer Specification.
- 10. Able To Transfer Patients With Portable Telemetry.
- 11. Perform As A Dispatcher When Needed, To Maintain Workflow And Keep Hospital Volunteers Productive And Sustain Communication Between Ancillary Departments And Transporters.
- 12. Demonstrates A Time Conscious Awareness. Strives To Meet Deadlines And Utilize Time Effectively.
- 13. Completes All Assigned Tasks. Exercises Good Judgment In Asking For Assistance From Others.
- 14. Maintains Confidentiality And Uses Discretion When Discussing Patient Matters.
- 15. Follows All Procedures On Safe Patient Interactions And Body Mechanics.
- 16. Adheres To All Safety Procedures In The Handling Of Hazardous Materials And Blood Borne Pathogens.
- 17. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 18. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
High School Graduate Or Equivalent.
Previous Experience In Patient Related Activities Is Helpful.
Must Have Excellent Customer Skills