To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Working in the YNHHS Medical Staff Administration Department, the Physician Contract Coordinator is responsible to the Physician Contract Manager in coordinating the day to day activities involved in maintaining a signed written agreement for each physician arrangement as well as the renewal and amendment processes for each physician contract within YNHHS. Responsible for tracking expiration dates and working with the physician and contract business owner to ensure that contracts are renewed before expiration. Responsible for thorough and accurate data entry into contract management database of all key data elements as determined by the Manager. Educates physicians on appropriate time tracking procedures and use of relevant software. Monitors for compliance.
- 1. Coordinates the initial contracting, amendment and contract renewal process for all physicians and other practitioners (as applicable) as directed by the Physician Contract Manager.
- 1.1 Facilitates the contract review process overseeing each step in the process established by the Physician Contract Manager.
- 2. Contract management database functions.
- 2.1 Ensures that duplicate contracts and vendors are not entered into the contract management database.
- 3. Facilitates payment to physician in accordance with contract terms.
- 3.1 Educates physicians as to how to record time worked in order to receive payment.
- 4. Teamwork and customer service.
- 4.1 Provides exceptional internal and external customer service and communication in person, via email, phone, and responds to requests in a timely manner.
- 5. Performs other duties and ad hoc projects as directed and under the supervision of the Physician Contract Manager.
Bachelors degree in a related field required or Paralegal Certificate required with significant (5-7 years) direct contracting experience and demonstrated competence will be considered
Minimum of 3-5 years? experience in managing physician or other health care related contacts required.
Demonstration of outstanding verbal and written communication skills required. Previous use of software systems to manage physician contracts or other similar software systems with transferable skills. Understanding of contract structure/organization and ability to read and understand contract terms. Extraordinary detail and accuracy, ability to work towards hard deadlines and influence others involved in the process to complete necessary work to meet them. Ability to manage multiple tasks in various states of completion towards a deadline with minimal to no supervision. Self starter and highly motivated to complete tasks.
Must be able to work at a desk using a computer and phone for extended periods of time. Some travel on foot to meetings and other locations within the individuals assigned site/delivery network may be required.