To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the 340B Program Integrity Manager, the340B Program Integrity Analyst is responsible for assisting with auditing the functions and tasks related to 340B program regulatory requirements for contract and hospital pharmacy; as well as affiliated impact on inventory and procurement for YNHHS. This includes identification and qualification of billable events eligible for 340B program.
- 1. 340B Compliance and Auditing
Assists in the monitoring and various tracking and reporting measurements to ensure compliance with the program. Reviews reports on 340B split software, contract pharmacy portals, inventory management system, procurement and 340B eligibility that clearly document utilization, savings, problem areas, exceptions, and/or discrepancies to pharmacy and administrative leadership. Communicates to specialist and/or manager key metrics and improvement actions. Ensures appropriate documentation and audit trail across areas of responsibility.
- 2. Information Systems: Monitor and assist with issue resolution of all 340B split software, EPIC configuration, Contract Pharmacy Application, Inventory Management System and/or any other related applications. Assist with integration of information into the 340B split-billing computer system. Monitors and assist with Information Systems issue resolution and all associated optimization requests.
- 3. Education: Assist in development and dissemination of 340B quality assurance and related topic training for employees as appropriate. Assist in providing proactive education to staff on policies and procedures 340B compliance procedures. Expand professional development through related classes and seminars, current publications, and regional/national association membership participation.
- 4. Leadership: Strive to consistently improve the overall efficiency, value, and internal support 340B program compliance and optimization. Facilitate productive exchanges of information. Provide data, information, and reports as needed to ensure appropriate escalation to pharmacy and corporate leadership.
- 5. Participates in departmental, organizational and/or health system committees related to pharmacy services ,
medication procurement, finance and other hospital initiatives as appropriate
Requires broad training in fields such as pharmacy technician, compliance/auditing or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of associate's degree program. National PTCB or Compliance Certification highly desirable
5-10 years experieince as a pharmacy technician, compliance/auditing or related health care experience. Two years experience in overseeing project or demonstrable administrative/leadership tasks
CT Pharmacy Technician Registration required. National PTCB or Compliance Certification is highly desirable
Must have excellent communication skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask/change tasks frequently and quickly. Knowledge of drug products preferred. Knowledge of requirements for auditing, inventory management or procurement processes recommended. Must be competent with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Access.