To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Working collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary treatment team, the Milieu Counselor is assigned to and works under the direction of a Registered Nurse, participating in carrying out nursing interventions to provide patients with opportunities for learning and adaptive ways of coping. The Milieu Counselor works collaboratively with the licensed staff on the ongoing development of the milieu and activities that promote quality patient outcomes.
- 1. Collaborates with the Registered Nurse in the application of principles of patient assessment.
- 1.1 Demonstrates basic skills in collecting data by interviewing patient and identifying overt and covert problems as observed by supervisor.
- 2. Collaborates with the Registered Nurse in the application of principles for planning patient care.
- 2.1 Collaborates with RN in problem identification for nursing care plans.
- 3. Works with the Registered Nurse in the application of principles for planning patient care.
- 3.1 Collaborates with RN in problem identification for nursing care plans as observed by supervisor.
- 4. Works with the Registered Nurse in the application of principles of implementation of care.
- 4.1 Bases care on specific identified patient needs as observed by supervisor.
- 5. Works with the Registered Nurse in the application of principles of evaluation of patient care.
- 5.1 Reviews patient condition with RN against expected outcomes.
- 6. Demonstrates accountability and responsibility for actions.
- 6.1 Demonstrates compliance with legal, regulatory codes, and psychiatric policies.
- 7. Demonstrates interest in self development.
- 7.1 Identifies areas in performance needing improvement as evidenced by ongoing communication with supervisor.
- 8. Completes non-therapeutic functions under the direction of MD, PA, APRN or RN.
- 8.1 Remove medication(s) from the pneumatic tube system sent from the Pharmacy or Hospital Supply to the unit/patient care area.
Associates degree required. Bachelor degree and Certified Nursing Assistant certification preferred
Minimum two (2) years prior experience in Psychology and or related field, working with specialized populations such as adults, adolescents and or children and families with psychiatric illness.
Ability to work collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team to communicate and effectively deal with complex effectively charged situations and possess group facilitation and crisis management skills.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. They are also required to stand and walk. They must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities require include close vision, distance vision, color vision , peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.