To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Directs and coordinates the activities relating to the receipt and distribution of all supplies and equipment delivered to the Hospital; oversees activities of the Hospital driver. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 1. Ensures accurate receipt of all supplies, materials and equipment.
- 1.1 Oversees processing of all receipts for supplies, material and equipment to assure compliance with department procedures as observed by supervisor and feedback from departments.
- 2. Oversees delivery of received supplies, material and equipment.
- 2.1 Ensures timely delivery of all supplies, material and equipment on a daily basis as observed by supervisor and feedback from department.
- 3. Coordinates the functions of the Hospital driver.
- 3.1 Establishes and monitors daily schedule for driver as indicated in review of driver log and feedback from departments.
- 4. Monitors paper-flow for the Receiving/Shipping Department.
- 4.1 Ensures delivery tickets are forwarded daily to accounts payable.
- 5. Performs duties of Material Clerk.
- 5.1 Receives hospital purchased supplies, material and equipment as observed by supervisor and review of source documents.
- 6. Participates in the annual inventory.
- 6.1 Ensures that departmental procedures regarding annual inventory are adhered to as evidenced by review of source documents.
- 7. Maintains work area in a clean, orderly and well-organized manner; maintains equipment in proper and safe working condition.
- 7.1 Performs minor maintenance on receiving vehicles and equipment in accordance with departmental guidelines; notifies supervisor of equipment malfunctions or operating problems.
- 8. Oversees day-to-day activities in accordance with Hospital policies and procedures.
- 8.1 Keeps immediate supervisor informed of department/section programs, needs, problems, and other pertinent incidents at all times; and where appropriate, keeps other department personnel informed.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum of 3 years warehouse/receiving experience including inventory control.
Must have a current driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is required to stand and walk.The employee must frequently stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, frequently move and/or lift up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. The specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions, wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold or extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; toxic or caustic chemicals.