To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Senior Access Representative functions primarily as a department liaison tot he referring physician office/clinic and the modality to facilitate patient scheduling. They are responsible for timely, accurate and professional scheduling, ensuring all clinical information, patient demographics and physician demographics are accurate, working closely with their peers and the CSF. They must have in-depth knowledge and understanding of each exam in their section, including average length or each scan and prep. this position requires knowledge of ICD-10. They need to have exceptional interpersonal skill, exceptional organizational skills, self-motivator and be able to make independent judgments.
- 1. Provides accurate and timely Scheduling of All Outpatient Imaging requests
- 1.1 Ensures exams are scheduled in the appropriate resource
- 2. Responds to incoming calls from the ACD system meeting productivity requirements related to number of calls , calls missed/refused etc.
- 2.1 Identifies areas of individual improvement related to Call receives and handled
- 3. Meets productivity standards related to number of procedures scheduled as identified in EMR
- 3.1 Monitors performance and productivity to ensure standards are consistently met
- 4. Follows performance guidelines and scripts related to phone etiquette
- 4.1 Answers all calls professionally identifying self and department
- 5. Coordinate and support all task related to specialized modality scheduling
- 5.1 Respond to clinical questions and concerns for their specialized modality
- 6. Maintains scheduling manuals within each section modality in collaboration with section coordinator
- 6.1 Ensures the scheduling manual is updated regularly.
- 7. Work with manager to ensure all speciality work is completed in a timely manner
- 7.1 Ensure calls and/or requisitions are distributed daily
Associate Degree and/or Equivalent direct experience in a Healthcare setting involving Scheduling, Coding, or Pre Certification required.
3 years revelvant or equivalent experience in direct administrative clerical responsibilities in a Healthcare facility and/or office. Individual must have computer experience in such applications as Word, Excel, and Power Point etc. Experience scheduling healthcare related appointments requiring clinical documentation and medical necessity as identified by 3rd party payors.
Excellent telephone communication, interpersonal and organization skills.. Must have the ability to quickly move through computer applications with accurate documentation and follow written and oral instructions . Ability to work professionally in a high volume environment remaining personable and calm. Must be flexible and willing to embrace change and a role model for service excellence. Good organizational and prioritization skills required to ensure appropriate coordination and collaboration when scheduling multiple appointments in multiple modalities. Individual must have critical thinking skills and analytical abilities as it relates to assessment of clinical needs and exam urgency. Must be able to problem solve and make independent decisions.