To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Organizes And Conducts Occupational Therapy Programs To Promote Independence, Facilitate Rehabilitation And Aid In The Development Of Adaptive Skills Following Disease, Injury Or Developmental Problems. Helps Patient To Maximize Independence Through Participation In Selected Tasks To Restore, Reinforce And Enhance Performance; Facilitates The Learning Of Skills And Functions Essential For Adaptation And Productivity In Daily Life.
- 1. Consistently Applies Therapeutic Principles And Practices.
- 2. Formulates Realistic And Appropriate Short And Long Term Goals For The Patient.
- 3. Adapts Conventional Treatment Techniques To Meet Patient?S Needs.
- 4. Involves Patient/ Family In Program/ Treatment Decisions And Plans.
- 5. Terminates Treatment Appropriately And With Discharge Plans.
- 6. Shows Sensitivity To Cultural Backgrounds.
- 7. Maintains Timely And Accurate Documentation In Accordance With Department Policy.
- 8. Regularly Assess Needs For And Provides Patient/ Family With Educational Materials And Resources.
- 9. Actively Participates In Cqi/ Performance Improvement Initiatives; Including Inpatient Fim And Outpatient Lifeware.
- 10. Actively Participates In Departmental Student Program.
- 11. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 12. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
- 13. Takes Responsibility To Monitor Own Schedule And Follow-Up With Appropriate Staff As Needed.
- 14. Consistently Applies Orthopedic Principles And Assessment Techniques During Evaluation And Treatment.
- 15. Consistently Provides Patient With A Home Exercise Plan. Maintains Copies In Patient Chart With Updates As Appropriate. Clearly Documents Patient Compliance And Understanding Of Program.
- 16. Identify The Need For Splints And Utilize Appropriate Departmental Resources To Resolve Patient Needs In A Timely And Cost-Efficient Manner.
- 17. Identify The Need For Wound Care And Utilize Appropriate Departmental Resources To Resolve Patients Needs.
- 18. Demonstrates Understanding And Working Knowledge Of All Departmental Modalities.
- 19. Maintains Productivity At Departmental Standards.
Bs Or Ms In Occupational Therapy.
Previous Experience In Outpatient Rehabilitation (Orthopedic And Neurological Experience) Facility Helpful.
By State Of Connecticut Division Of Medical Quality Assurance.
The Above Statements Reflect The General Duties And Responsibilities Necessary To Describe The Principal Functions Of The Job, As Identified, And Shall Not Be Considered An Exhaustive List Of Job Responsibilities Which May Be Inherent In The Position. Responsibilities Are Subject To Change.