To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Assist members of the Development team in all aspects of data entry, gift processing, records management and clerical functions, in support of all fundraising activities including ongoing Annual Appeals, events and Capital Campaigns.
- 1. Handle memorial and honorary gifts to the Hospital, including gift entry, preparation of letters both to donors and family members of the individuals commemorated/honored; helps update the Memorial Board.
- 2. Assist in gift entry during peak activity periods, working with the Development Systems Coordinator to ensure accurate coding for regular status reports.
- 3. Routinely update donor files in Raiser?s Edge, including address changes and other biographic information.
- 4. Assist in executing the Annual Appeal solicitation mailings three times a year, working with the Development Systems Coordinator and Annual Fund Officer in preparing mailings handled by an outside vendor.
- 5. Research grant organizations and, when appropriate, share information with Hospital colleagues and write/assist in grant writing. Perform research to identify prospective donors.
- 6. Assist with LAMBS administration (Benefactors Society), including the spring and fall renewal mailings, monthly payroll deduction reminders, and ongoing correspondence with membership as needed.
- 7. File correspondence and event materials, complying with established departmental guidelines to ensure easy retrieval of information.
- 8. Help with telephone duties, making sure that calls for the Vice President and Director of Development are answered promptly.
- 9. Assist in coordination of the Department events throughout the year, including stuffing invitations and/or packets, copying materials, producing attendance lists and, as appropriate, helping at the reception table to greet guests.
- 10. Collect mail from the Mail Room several times a day, open mail and sort gifts for processing.
- 11. Assist members of the Department with other duties, as assigned.
- 12. Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
- 13. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
High School degree required; college degree preferred.
Strong written and communication skills, extensive office experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Development software or experience with Blackbaud (Raiser?s Edge and Researcher?s Edge), preferred. Office experience includes basic functions involving a multi-line phone system, fax machine and copy machine. Must be able to respond to rapidly shifting priorities and process high volumes of work with accuracy and an attention for detail. Fundraising or financial experience a plus. Experience with grants research and grant writing preferred.
Must be creative, courteous, professional, highly organized and motivated, a quick learned and be able to work well with others.