To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Supervises Public Safety Officers. Performs A Variety Of Duties To Ensure The Welfare Of Patients, Employees, And Visitors; Protects Grounds, Buildings, Equipment And Supplies Of The Hospital; Makes Decisions On The Best Way To Obtain And Maintain The Security Of The Hospital, Patients, Employees And Visitors Within Departmental And Hospital Guidelines.
- 1. Must Have Knowledge Of And Enforce All Hospital, Public Safety Dept. Policies. Educates Public Safety Officers In Any New Policies, Procedures, Equipment Or Techniques.
- 2. Is Responsible For The Inventory Of And Storage Of All Patient?S Valuables And Medications In The Safe, As Well As Attempting To Contact Owners Of Items Left In The Safe.
- 3. Reports To Work Early To Conduct Shift Turnover Such As Communicating Pertinent Information To The Oncoming Shift.
- 4. Acts As A Liaison Between The Director Of Public Safety And Public Safety Officers.
- 5. Is Responsible For The Supervision Of 3-5 Officers On His/Her Work Shift.
- 6. Ensures All Reports Are Properly Completed And Done In A Timely Manner. Example: Incident Reports, Employee Written Accident Reports, Oc Spray Reports, And Occurrence Reports
- 7. Is Responsible For Keeping Track Of The Contents Within The Lost And Found Closet And Properly Disposing Of Unclaimed Items Per Policy.
- 8. Sets The Standard For The Rest Of The Shift, Such As Grooming And Dress Code.
- 9. Reports Directly To And Works With The Director Of Public Safety Regarding Scheduling, Job Performance Of Officers, Safety Concerns And The General Operation Of The Department.
- 10. Is Responsible For Contacting The Director Of Public Safety Or Making Decisions In His Absence Regarding Emergency Situations.
- 11. Is Responsible For The Proper Staffing Of Shifts Such As Filling Vacancies Due To Sick Call Or Pto.
- 12. Assists The Director Of Public Safety With Yearly Performance Evaluations.
- 13. Is Responsible For The Training Of All New Employees. Ensures They Know The Hospital And Feel Comfortable Performing Their Job.
- 14. Patrols Lawrence And Memorial Hospital Grounds To Assure Public Safety Officers Are Performing Duties Appropriately.
- 15. Maintains Proficiency In And Certification For Use Of Firearms.
- 16. Performs Other Duties Assigned By The Director Of Public Safety.
- 17. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
Minimum Of A High School Diploma Or Ged Graduate
Minimum Of One Year Security, Law Enforcement Or Military Supervisory Experience Required.
Must have a current driver's license and an acceptable driving record.
Must Pass A Full Background Check By The Police Department Of The Officers Town Of Residence, As Well As A Complete A Medical And Psychological Evaluation By The Employee Health Department Of Lawrence + Memorial Hospital.