To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Coordinates the master scheduling, with direction from the Nurse Manager Group, for specified hospital units to provide adequate coverage. Maintains a per diem nursing staff pool and coordinates agency staff. Schedule nursing and ancillary staff on each patient care unit weekly and attend to all changes that may occur with schedules (i.e., sick calls, vacation coverage, etc.)
- 1. Essential Functions
- 1.1 Coordinates staffing assignments to ensure proper staffing and complete coverage. in collaboration with Nurse Managers and Supervisors
- 2. Essential Functions ( continued)
- 2.1 Communicates effectively both verbally and written.
- 3. Staff/Self Development
- 3.1 Acts as a knowledgeable resource and role model
- 4. Staff/Self Development (continued)
- 4.1 Actively participates in training and educational activities for other staff members
- 5. Customer Service
- 5.1 Demonstrate a high level of respect, dignity compassion and professionalism for all customers by utilizing the four tenets of Patient Family and Centered Partnership.
- 6. Employee Collaboration and Teamwork
- 6.1 Recognizes and values the contributions of fellow employees and displays cooperation and teamwork.
- 7. Resource Utilization
- 7.1 Reports to work on time, prepared to work and follow hospital policies for notice of lateness/absenteeism and time off requests.
- 8. List core competency
- 8.1 List duty/task determing competency
Equivalent of a high school diploma.
One to two (1-2) years staffing coordinator experience or relevant medical management experience required. Computer literate, data entry skills required. Familiarity with ANSOS or similar scheduling software preferred.