To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Obtains blood samples, as required from Hospital inpatients and outpatients. Performs a number of clerical duties as assigned. Ability to register patients into the HIS.
- 1. Phlebotomy
- 1.1 Uses proper patient identification and specimen labeling procedures according to Laboratory policy
- 2. Accessioning and receiving Specimens
- 2.1 Accurately and timely receives specimens into the laboratory
- 3. Customer Service
- 3.1 Uses AIDET principles when performing phlebotomy and Demonstrates concerns for patient comfort and privacy
- 4. People
- 4.1 Interacts professionally with all members of the hospital staff
- 5. Problem solving
- 5.1 Reviews patient vouchers and registrations for accuracy and corrects them as indicated
- 6. Investigates and documents problems with unacceptable specimens
- 6.1 Accurately orders tests in the hospital and laboratory computer systems
- 7. Regulation Compliance
- 7.1 Complies with established laboratory and hospital policies for universal precautions and safety
- 8. Other duties
- 8.1 Responsible for cleanliness of courier vehicle if applicable
High school graduate or GED
Prior experience in phlebotomy.
Certified or certified eligible with National Phlebotomy Association preferred.
Must have a current driver's license and an acceptable driving record.