To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for the overall financial management of the Northeast Medical Group, "NEMG". Serves as resource for and assists the VP Finance with tactical and day to day financial management activities. Works closely with the
NEMG and YNHH finance team to drive the financial vision, direction, guidance and compliance to support successful physician operations. This position is responsible for working with the System's budget, tax compliance, physician compensation, business planning, financial reporting, accounting, revenue cycle, payroll, accounts payable and internal controls areas within the system's finance group to ensure quality and accuracy in supporting NEMG operations. Must be versatile in a broad spectrum of finance areas.
- 1. Assists NEMG finance executive with the following responsibilities
- 1.1 Oversees the planning and execution of finance related communications with NEMG operations and the broader health system.
- 2. Works with the VP of Finance to develop and monitor progress against financial goals and objectives for NEMG.
- 3. Collaborate with operations and clinical leadership to ensure key financial and operational metrics are achieved and revenue targets are maintained.
- 4. Interfaces and collaborates with site Directors to ensure effective financial and administrative management of each section; ensures needs, goals and objectives are met.
- 5. Provide direction with respect to the development and execution of business plans designed to achieve established financial and operational goals.
- 6. Assists with negotiating, implementing and monitoring of ongoing departmental affiliation agreements and as appropriate, reviews and recommends changes.
- 7. Reviews, and as appropriate recommends changes to various departmental policies and procedures.
- 8. Serves on health system committees, attends seminars, conferences and professional meetings as required.
- 9. Represents NEMG finance to all major constituencies including YNHH system and hospital administrative, clinical and operations departments.
- 10. Ensures that prescribed safety practices and procedures are adhered to. Monitors and ensures compliance of all regulatory and governmental standards.
- 11. Performs other administrative duties within the department as requested and required. Delegates appropriate responsibilities to staff.
- 12. Plan and manage the integration of finance areas with system finance functions
Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Health Management or business related discipline. Master's degree in Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or related discipline preferred.
Seven (7) to ten (10) years' experience working in finance administration at a hospital or health system or a related field.
Documented high level of skill in personnel management required. Capacity to deal with broad range of constituencies including physicians, physicians-in-training, clinical technicians and office support staff.