The Center for Hyperbaric Medicine and Wound Healing at Greenwich Hospital
We are seeking a Physician trained and certified in Wound Care/Hyperbaric Medicine to work per diem at Greenwich Hospital.
Job Summary: Perform the assessment, evaluation, and treatment of patients, specifically those with acute and/or chronic wounds, ostomy management and education as well as management of fistulae, tubes, skin, and incontinence issues. Works in conjunction with physicians, nursing staff and ancillary staff to evaluate, propose, plan and perform patient assessment and treatments.
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Interested candidates are encouraged to contact Sophie Kotomski, Physician Recruiter at: [email protected]
- Develops treatment plan according to current wound care protocols; explain dressing rationale, institute preventive measures and monitor results of care delivered.
- Provide demonstrations on dressing techniques to educate and orient in-services nurses; give hands-on instruction regarding the principles of asceptic technique
- Provide a list of patients with Nosocomial pressure ulcers which includes patient’s name, site, state, support surface and dates of evaluation to the Director of Quality Management
- Identify nutritional deficiencies, coordinate with Health Care personnel to solve nutrition problems with staff
- While performing daily rounds, assist in delivery of patient care to accomplish wound care tasks
- Attend wound care education programs designed to enhance the benefits patients can derive from the most recent techniques/procedures available
- Performs duties and tasks in accordance with standards established for the job. The incumbent may have access to highly confidential patient, employee and/or Health System proprietary information, and must handle & protect the information in accordance with hospital & system policies, HIPAA requirements and the highest level of ethical standards.
- Reports all security events, potential events, or other security risks to the organization.
- Participates and completes all patient safety initiatives appropriate to the position, and conducts all job responsibilities according to the Mission and Values of Health System.
EDUCATION: MD WITH CERTIFICATION IN HYPERBARIC AND WOUND CARE MEDICINE
Must be eligible for Health Systems Staff membership and hold a valid State of Connecticut license.
Board certification or eligible in the physicians specialty MD, or DO
HBO (Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment) Certified; Broad and in-depth technical knowledge and skills related to the practice of medicine, and wound care.