To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs a wide variety of technical and professional duties using complex imaging equipment to produce quality mammographic images as requested. All duties are performed according to departmental and organizational policies and procedures. In order to meet staffing needs of the department, staff may be occasionally assigned to any of the GH diagnostic radiology locations regardless of regularly assigned work location.
This job description and requirements for this position have been approved by the medical chairman for the department of diagnostic imaging as well as the executive committee of the medical staff.
- 1. Performs all diagnostic radiographs and associated film processing.
- 1.1 Following Physicians' orders and Managers directions taking into consideration Departmental and Hospital policies and procedures, identifies the type of examination required to achieve desire results.
- 2. Maintains clean; caring, quiet professional atmosphere.
- 2.1 Cleans mammography equipment after each patient, or before each patient, also including all patient dressing areas.
- 3. Provides assistance to Physicians.
- 3.1 Assists Radiologist with specialty procedures (ie, stereo, needle locs., ductography)
- 4. Performs quality control and assurance functions as needed.
- 4.1 Each morning performs warm-up of x-ray tube prior to first scheduled exam and checks equipment for mal functions or misalignments.
- 5. Contributes to the productivity and efficient operation of the department.
- 5.1 Is punctual in reporting to work and adheres to allotted time off for breaks and lunch. Volunteers to work off-shifts when needed. Below is tardy three (3) or more occurrences per review period.
- 6. Is responsible for promoting the Greenwich Hospital Patient/Guest Relations Program.
- 6.1 Acknowledges patients promptly in a kind courteous manner.
- 7. It will be the responsibility of the Technologist to submit to his/her supervisor one month prior to his/her review pertinent information regarding his/her performance throughout the year. This information would include:
- 7.1 Letters from Patients
- 8. Conferences/Training Programs
- 8.1 In-Services Attended/Presented
High School Diploma or GED is required; college or technical school courses are preferred. Is currently AART Registered and is in compliance with CE requirements. Has successfully passed ARRT advanced mammography certification exam. Has 15 hours of mammography continuing education during the past 3 years.
1-3 yrs experience
ARRT License, advanced certification in mammography, Current CT state License
May be exposed to infectious diseases, or hazardous material. Average clinical radiology setting.
Standing and walking most of the day. Working with lightweight equipment with occasional lifting, pushing and pulling of heavy objects. Must have the ability to hear and observe all the surroundings of the department and have manual dexterity. Assisting in moving/lifting of patient with physical problems.