To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Oversees the design and operation of the Laboratory services within the Yale-New Haven Health System, and affiliated clinics. Additional responsibilities include administrative, financial, strategic planning, clinical, human resources, policy, Laboratory safety, academic, and research and quality improvement activities for both inpatient and ambulatory Laboratory services. Provides a strategic plan and vision for the clinical initiatives as well as the financial direction of the Laboratory function.
- 1. Financial Management
- 1.1 Independently prepares and projects Laboratory Operating and capital budgets and proposes to senior leadership (personnel , supplies, revenues, projected capital expenses, etc.)
- 2. Laboratory Operations
- 2.1 Ensures department compliance with Laboratory practice guidelines and regulations developed by the appropriate agencies and organizations - DPH, CLIA, CAP, JCAHO
- 3. Human Resources
- 3.1 Provides leadership to the YNHHS Laboratory staff.
- 4. Laboratory Safety
- 4.1 Provides vision and oversees the implementation of Laboratory safety related initiatives within the hospital/health-system.
- 5. Laboratory Formulary
- 5.1 Collaborates with the leadership of the hospital/health-system Committee and develops strong physician relationships.
- 6. Quality Improvement
- 6.1 Provides or supervises interdisciplinary leadership for the Joint Commission Survey and leads a readiness committee or team to assure hospital/health-system compliance with policies.
- 7. Informatics/Technology
- 7.1 Provides technology assessment leadership within the hospital/health-system by serving on various committees across all the delivery networks.
- 8. Ambulatory (Outpatient) Laboratory Services
- 8.1 Coordinates Laboratory involvement related to specialty services.
- 9. Laboratory Education
- 9.1 Participate in the leadership, policy development, and strategic planning for various Laboratory/medicine affiliations.
Graduation from an accredited Master Program preferred; Bachelor's Degree in appropriate healthcare related field required.
Ten (10) years Laboratory leadership experience including at least five (5) years in director of Laboratory or equivalent position in an academic Health Center department of Laboratory
Excellent administrative, professional and fiscal management skills. Understands Laboratory practice standards and regulatory requirements. Strong verbal and written communication skills are essential. Excellent analytical skills. Knowledge of Human Factors in complex systems. Experience with Failure Mode and Effects in Analysis and Statistical Process Control.