To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Nurse Professional Development (Npd) Specialist Possesses A Strong Knowledge Base In Teaching And Learning Theories; Curriculum Design; Methods For Validation Of Learning; Research Processes; And Innovative Technological Options. Collaboration Between The Learner And The Npd Specialist Enables The Learner To Document Achievements, Develop An Awareness Of Self-Perspective, And Enrich Her/His Own Professional Practice. Npd Specialists Use Innovative Technologies And Strategies To Strengthen Critical Thinking And Problem-Solving Abilities Of The Learner.
- 1. Provides Leadership, Expertise And Support In Planning, Promoting, Designing And Ensuring Delivery Of Education For Nursing Staff In Accordance With Educational Plans.
- 2. Develops An Assessment Process To Determine Clinical Learning Needs
- 3. Assists In The Selection Of The Most Appropriate Method Of Teaching To Accommodate Learning Styles And The Learning Environment
- 4. Leads The Development And Implementation Of Orientation Programs For Novice And Experienced Nursing Employees And Unit Orientation Of Other Clinical And Student Personnel As Appropriate
- 5. Evaluates Outcomes
- 6. Leads And Promotes Evidence Based Practice In Line With Regulatory Requirements And Healthcare Trends To Provide Excellent, Safe Care.
- 7. Participates In And Incorporates Research And/Or Evidence Based Practice As An Advisor, Investigator, Collaborator, Translator, Integrator Or Evaluator
- 8. Ensures Educational Programs Are In Alignment With Regulatory Requirements
- 9. Participates In Organizational Regulatory Readiness Efforts
- 10. Serves As A Role Model For Practice Development
- 11. Designs, Conducts Or Reports On Research
- 12. Critiques And Communicates Research Findings To Nursing Staff For Use In Clinical Decision Making
- 13. Provides Guidance, Expertise And Support For Clinically Based Nursing Staff Through Bedside Role Modeling.
- 14. Maintains Clinical Skills And Expertise Through Participation In Patient Care Activities
- 15. Collaborates With Nurse Manager And/Or Clinical Coordinator To Establish Remediation Strategies As Needed
- 16. Promotes The Development Of Professional Practice Of Nursing Students.
- 17. Supports Lifelong Learning In Collaboration With Academic Institutions, Healthcare Organizations, Professional Nursing Organizations, And Other Npd Specialists
- 18. Facilitates Orientation Of Nursing Students And Assigned Clinical Faculty
- 19. Partners With Area Nursing Programs To Facilitate Transition Of Student Into Professional Role
- 20. Acts As Educational Resource And/Or Preceptor To Undergraduate And Graduate Nursing Students
- 21. Leads Process Improvement Initiatives.
- 22. Provides Direction And Support To Carry Out Organizational Goals
- 23. Develops, Educates And Implements Processes That Lead To Improved Quality Outcomes
- 24. Leads And/Or Participates In Hospital Or Department Based Councils Or Committees
- 25. Influences Change Processes
- 26. Provides Support To Individual Nursing Staff, To Enhance Their Professional Development.
- 27. Supports Lifelong Learning In Collaboration By Advising/Mentoring Nurses As They Execute A Professional Development Plan. This Can Include But Is Not Limited To Supporting Staff In The Clinical Ladder Advancement Process Or Certification Process.
- 28. Models Professionalism And Integrity
- 29. Promotes Professional Self-Development.
- 30. Maintains A Current Knowledge In Areas Of Adult Learning Principles, Educational Process, Clinical Practice And Leadership
- 31. Seeks Out Opportunities For Professional Growth Through Organizational Affiliations And Certification Within Specialty Area
- 32. Negotiates A Professional Development Plan Based On Self-Evaluation And Peer Review
- 33. Participates Independently In Continuing Education Activities To Maintain Competencies And To Meet Re-Certification Requirements
- 34. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
Bsn And Msn Required. Consideration Will Be Given For Candidates Who Are Currently Matriculated In An Msn Program.
Four (4) Years Of Current Nursing Experience; Three Years Must Be In An Acute Care Facility.
Current Connecticut State Rn Licensure And/Or Eligibility For Connecticut State Rn Licensure Required.
Accepts Personal Responsibilities For Own Professional Development. Demonstrates Effective Oral And Written Communication. Uses Effective Interpersonal Skills.