To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
As scheduled, assigned or required, assists in construction, maintenance, and testing of equipment and systems; complete appropriate records and reports to maintain labor and history files.
- 1. Completes appropriate reports and maintains daily records of time spent on service requests, work orders, projects, etc.
- 2. Assists light construction, e.g. install domestic hot & cold water piping plumbing fixtures.
- 3. Assists pumps & compressors and other related equipment.
- 4. Assists preventable maintenance tasks and customer work order requests.
- 5. Follow State and Local Building Codes and NFPA Code Requirements.
- 6. Subject to "Call-In" after hours requirements to support emergencies.
- 7. Read and interpret blue prints.
- 8. Assists hot water/steam heating systems and associated piping
- 9. Assists at repairing medical air/gas/vacuum piping systems and valves.
- 10. Work with outside vendors and agencies, when directed
- 11. Coordinate activities with customers to minimize disruptions to hospital services.
- 12. Provide leadership and direction for accomplishment of work when assigned as Crew Leader.
- 13. Assists with installation, maintenance and repair of water piping, plumbing systems and process piping.
- 14. Assist other trades as required.
- 15. Demonstrates knowledge of electrical, fire and environmental safety policies and procedures as they apply to the work environment.
- 16. Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
- 17. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
High School or Trade School Graduate, with related plumbing courses.
Valid Driver's License required. Must be enrolled in apprenticeship program at all times