To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Clinical Application Coordinator reports to the respective Application Manager. The Clinical Application Coordinator is the primary support contact for their application. They coordinate all issues that arise during the project for their application area and must be capable of escalating issues and decision points as needed. Clinical Application Coordinators are expected to attend training at Epic and complete application certification projects and tests and become involved in the install planning and coordination of activities and task amongst their team. These individuals serve as a bridge between our application team staff and Epic, our Epic projects Managers, and other application team coordinators for integrated topics.
- 1. Maintain regular communication with their manager
- 2. Maintain regular communication with the Epic representatives
- 3. Work with Epic representatives and our project team managers and leaders to ensure the system meets the organization's business and clinical needs:
- 4. Understand the choices involved in application specifications
- 5. Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with Epic software
- 6. Investigate preferred choices of end users
- 7. Respond to Epic's technical questions
- 8. Analyze business operations
- 9. Prioritize and implement requested changes to the system
- 10. Analyze new functionality in new releases to determine how it should be used
- 11. Populate databases which they own during the initial system build (assisted by the Epic implementation team)
- 12. Review software
- 13. Coordinate software updates and changes
- 14. Review and test each new release
- 15. Review requested enhancements
- 16. Collect information regarding potential system enhancement needs
- 17. Prepare details of specifications as needed
- 18. Analyze data conversion needs
- 19. Ensure that data coming across an interface into an Epic application meets the business need
- 20. Develop and document internal procedures to use in conjunction with Epic applications
- 21. Set standards for naming and numbering conventions and security classifications
- 22. Maintain rules for how each new version is released
- 23. Establish change control processes and procedures for the system in concert with the Manager of Change Control
- 24. Participate in training and work with end users
- 25. Help train users during go-live training
- 26. Troubleshoot problems and questions from end users
- 27. Work with report writers to ensure that the application has the necessary reports
Valid CT Registered Nurse license or Graduation from an accredited college of Pharmacy with a BS, MS or Pharm. D. degree required.
3 years RN clinical experience preferred or Completion of a residency in a hospital pharmacy from a program accredited by the American Society of Hospital Pharmacist is desired but not required. 2 to 3 years experience as a Systems Analyst with proficiency in at least one of the following relational databases (Crystal, Access, Excel) required. Ability to analyze workflow to recommend and develop application solutions. Ability to research and interpret data; to include reporting, preparing and presenting data.
Required to attend out of state training. Certification in the Epic application is required.
Must be able to set direction and effectively provide guidance and direction to team members. Able to identify and solve problems; aware of need to escalate decisions. Must be advocate for team members and create a positive work environment. Ability to lead meetings, prioritize, resolve conflicts, maintain issues lists, and delegate activities as necessary to achieve the project plan. Strong communication and follow-up skills required. Detail-oriented with ability to probe for information to fully understand the underlying needs. Must have ability to work independently with minimal supervision and capable of taking leadership role in managing end user relationship and taking diverse inputs towards consensus. Ability to deal with a number of tasks simultaneously, possessing a basic understanding of computer system capabilities to address process requirements, analytical skills and knowledge or experience working with Microsoft Office tools required. Strong attention to detail and ability to communicate efficiently are essential. Problem solving and organization skills, innovative thinking, collaborative team participation and customer service skills required.