To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Transcribes technical medical reports from recorded dictation in order to document patient care. Maintains records and index of work, assists physicians in dictating and prepares reports of outstanding work. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 1. Types and submits correspondence, memos, reports, and various routine forms.
- 1.1 Types all surgical reports, etc., usually from rough draft or machine dictation, with 95% accuracy as observed by supervisory and measured by department performance improvement reports..
- 2. Performs data entry of all surgical cases.
- 2.1 Corrects demographics of each surgical specimen through research, i.e., checking daily census sheet, hospital computer, O.R., E.R., or information desk as observed by supervisor.
- 3. Assembles and compiles data as directed (slides, consultations).
- 3.1 Assembles and compiles standardized basic data from established sources with 90-95% accuracy as observed by supervisor.
- 4. Maintains departmental record-keeping and filing systems.
- 4.1 Sorts, classifies and files records in alpha/numeric order with 95% accuracy as measured by department feedback and supervisory observation.
- 5. Acts as receptionist for department in the absence of the department secretary.
- 5.1 Greets and receives visitors in a pleasant and professional manner as measured by feedback from visitors and staff.
- 6. Posts information to records and logs, maintains established files, and prepares various routine recurring reports.
- 6.1 Posts information into records and logs with 95% accuracy as observed by supervisor.
- 7. Operates standard office machines and equipment (e.g., fax machines, photocopies, dictation and transcription equipment) in order to efficiently perform duties.
- 7.1 Demonstrates user's knowledge of standard office machines and equipment as observed by supervisor.
- 8. Performs other related general office duties as requested.
- 8.1 Telephones/fax selected case diagnoses to attending physician in accordance with department procedure 100% of thetime as observed by supervisor and feedback from physicians.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum of two years previous secretarial experience, Transcriptionist experience or training.
Typing skills 55+WPM, Good organizational skills, Knowledge of PC; Windows, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. They are occasionally required to stand and walk. They must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities require include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.