To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Serves as the direct link between Bridgeport Hospital executive leadership and the managers and staff on the patient care teams. Achieves superior clinical and financial outcomes and attains performance management goals for Patient Services with a focused effort on patient, physician and staff satisfaction. Responds to market and environmental forces, which have a significant impact on the delivery of acute care services. Develops an effective response to these forces in all clinical areas. Collaborates with others to achieve the Hospital's strategic mission and objectives.
- 1. Overall Responsibilities
- 1.1 Through exceptional leadership, innovation and commitment, develops a team of highly skilled managers and staff who work together to achieve Patient Care Services goals.
- 2. Unit Objectives
- 2.1 Works directly with the Nurse Managers to assure the delivery of safe, high quality patient centered care.
- 3. Fiscal Management
- 3.1 Develops and manages a department budget to ensure the delivery of cost-effective, safe, quality care.
- 4. Human Resources Management
- 4.1 Provides leadership to Patient Care Services management and staff in a collaborative environment that offers job satisfaction, recognition, and career development.
- 5. Organizational Leadership
- 5.1 Leads department-centered interdisciplinary initiatives.
- 6. Patient experience
- 6.1 Ensures that departmental staff is held accountable for achieving patient satisfaction goals.
- 7. Outcomes Management
- 7.1 Achieves patient experience goals and provides leadership in establishing new expectations and resolving any negative trends.
- 8. Key Interfaces
- 8.1 The Director of Nursing interacts primarily with the following external interfaces: - Physicians - Patients - Families The Director of Nursing interacts secondarily with the following external interfaces: - Professional Counterparts - Vendors/Suppliers - Educational and Regulatory Organizations The Director of Nursing interacts primarily with the following internal interfaces: - Nurse Manager - Staff in Assigned Functional Areas - Off Shift Administrators - Other Directors of Nursing - Division Executives
- 9. Decison Making Authority
- 9.1 Directors of Nursing have the authority to execute the vision, objectives and strategies consistent with the Hospital's mission and policy. They determine how resources are deployed within their areas of responsibility and they determine the need for additional resources where indicated.
- 10. Surgical Services/Procedural Area Service Line
- 10.1 o Main Operating Room/PACU -Bariatric Program -Hybrid OR build o Anesthesia, non-salary budget o SurgEase Ambulatory ORs o Ambulatory ORs at PAMC o Urology Department o Central Sterile Processing o Surgical Scheduling/Pre-Admission Testing Office o Business Materials Management
- 11. Woman's Care/Maternal Child Health Service Line
- 11.1 o Labor & Delivery o Post-partum Care/Special Care Maternity/Well-baby Nursery o ATU at BH and PAMC
Relevant Master's Degree, graduate of an accredited baccalaureate program and current Connecticut State RN licensure and/or eligibility for Connecticut State licensure required.
Minimum of five (5) years demonstrated successful leadership/management experience in Perioperative Services.
Connecticut State RN licensure and/or eligibility for Connecticut State licensure required.
Exceptional customer relations skills; ability to build relationships in a complex environment.