To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Performs a variety of supply related functions which support the organizations patient care efforts. This includes but is not limited to using RSS, hand held PC/PAR EX devices to inventory unit supply areas, put away supply orders, maintain the supply areas in a neat and orderly fashion, identify and process emergency supply orders as needed, participate in teams to review and make changes to unit supply pars, perform all necessary receiving functions for unit supply deliveries, and general act as an advocate in all areas of medical supplies for units the employee is responsible for. Must work as part of a team that includes the patient service manager, nursing, and Materials representatives to include supply vendors, Customer Service Coordinators, vendors, and other materials staff in order to ensure quality customer service and meeting patient care needs as they relate to supplies.
- 1. Performs inventory of blue item non-patient charge supplies. Places orders for needed supplies. Places supplementary orders as required.
- 2. Performs reconciliation of white item patient chargeable supplies. Reports reconciliation discrepancies to CSM and nurse manager. Collaborates with Patient Care Services to improve charge capture practices.
- 3. Performs probe maintenance and relabeling of shelves on an ongoing basis.
- 4. Receives supply orders. Performs audit on all supply deliveries matching the receipt item and quantity to the actual packing ticket assuring fill accuracy. Communicates discrepancies immediately to the Inventory Control Coordinator. Coordinates obtaining supply replenishments as required in order to maintain adequate levels of inventory for patient care provision.
- 5. Files packing ticket documents by date and department for one year. Purges files monthly according to the administrative policy on document retention and destruction.
- 6. Replenishes medical surgical supplies to Par Ex supply bins and to bulk storage areas, stocking supplies neatly in proper locations. Stores supplies in compliance with first in, first out stock rotation system or by expiration date rotation as monitored by supervisor. Verifies that the quantity of supplies in Par Ex bins is accurate at the time of replenishment and makes adjustments to correct inventory levels to avoid stock outs.
- 7. Stores empty totes on transport vehicles and returns to staging location.
- 8. Cleans storage areas according to established procedures and time schedules. Maintains Par Ex bins and storage shelving for cleanliness.
- 9. Helps to complete tasks with-in the materials function that are not within the UMA job description. Makes self- available when UMA responsibilities have been met to assist other areas that may require assistance within the materials function.
- 10. Performs inventory searches for recalled product. Removes recalled products from inventory as required. Reports recall findings to Inventory Control.
- 11. Breaks down cardboard containers and disposes of trash waste according to established procedures.
- 12. Performs additional duties as requested
High School Degree or Equivalent
One to two years of Materials/Supply handling order experience in a patient care unit setting. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with Patient Services Managers and Material Management Staff.
Demonstrated competency in operating handheld and desktop computer systems as needed for supply ordering, replenishment and project work. (i.e. Lawson). Demonstrated competency in Supply Management concept (eg. PAR level).
Requires lifting of cases of supplies up to 50 lbs. Pushing heavy rack tracks loaded with supplies. Operating in confined supply room spaces, and working to OSHA standards.