To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Yale-New Haven Children's Hospital seeks to achieve the highest level of safe and effective care as well as exceptional operational performance. The Children's Hospital Performance Improvement Coordinator under the direction of the Children's Hospital Performance Manager will participate in a broad range of efforts aimed at: ensuring conformance with the National Quality Forum's safe practices and Joint Commission safety goals, achieving superior performance on publicly reported quality measures, maintaining efficient patient flow, and sustaining a high reliability culture. The scope of this role will include all areas of the Children's Hospital, in its entirety; the PI Coordinator will be responsible for leading and participating in quality improvement projects, initiatives and safety work in all inpatient and ambulatory areas and all pediatric programs. The PI coordinator will assist in supporting staff and leadership at the unit level in meeting and reaching all quality ad safety targets as set forth by the department.
- 1. Assists in the measurement, evaluation and reporting of clinical and operational performance of the Children's Hospital as well as status of various improvement initiatives
- 2. Under the direction of the Performance Manager facilitate multidisciplinary teams using Six Sigma, LEAN, CAP and other available methodologies to achieve agreed upon performance goals
- 3. Under the direction of the Performance Manager perform periodic gap analyses and action plan development to ensure conformance with national patient safety and clinical quality initiatives including: Joint Commission National Patient Safety Goals, NQF Safe Practices, and Leapfrog Group Quality "Leaps"
- 4. Provides mentoring and training to Children's Hospital staff engaged in unit-based or cross-departmental improvement efforts
- 5. Under the direction of the Performance Manager, VP and Nursing Director identifies and manages resources required to successfully execute projects
- 6. Serves on Children's Hospital committees including Quality and Safety, Operations Group, and Patient Services Leadership or similar activities
- 7. Serves as representative of Children's Hospital on YNHH-wide committees including Patient Safety Committee, Performance Improvement Leadership Group, or similar activities
BSN Current Connecticut State RN Licensure , or affiliated healthcare profession, or BS in Engineering or Computer Science required. Masters in Nursing, Business, or Administration strongly preferred. Goal work to include enrollment of masters program. Training in Lean Six Sigma (Greenbelt or higher) or related improvement methodology preferred
Training in Change Acceleration Process (CAP) and Workout preferred
Minimum of 3 years experience in performance improvement work, Solid understanding of improvement methodologies and change management strategies, History of leading successful improvement work, 1-2 years experience in data support, minimum of 2 years experience in meeting facilitation and/or chart review. Pre-requisite classes required/preferred within first year of training: Foundations of Safety Quality and PI, Project Management, Tools for Improvement, CAP, Workout facilitation.
Must demonstrate critical thinking and prioritization of issues, with flexibility to adapt to evolving priorities, Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects, Excellent communication skills, Committed to the principals of a high-reliability organization, Excellent data skills, experience with excel programming and report writing. Superior organizational skills required. Pre-requisite classes preferred: Foundations of Safety Quality and PI, Project Management, Tools for Improvement, CAP, Workout facilitation.
No special conditions.