To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reports to the Vice President of Psychiatry & Behavioral Health and Emergency Services. Works collaboratively with various stakeholders both internally as well as throughout YNHHS , Yale University, and local, state, and federal agencies. Collaborates and or leads activities related to the overall management and coordination of emergency preparedness. Develops and facilitates projects that improve preparedness response to include identification of goals, process changes, policy/procedure changes, and development of metrics dashboards to assure sustainability. Provides oversight to assure that education and orientation is organized in a manner tht is centralized, standardized, and provides support to stakeholders based on identified needs. Develops an annual report summarizing the activities and accomplishments related to emergency preparedness. All activities are conducted in a collaborative manner with stakeholders across the organization to assure alignment with the mission, vision, values and strategic goals of the organization.
- 1. EDUCATION AND TRAINING: Identifies, implements, and provides education and training to assure continual readiness for all operational reponses.
- 1.1 Supports the Yale New Haven Hospital (YNHH) and associated sites in the coordination of the all hazards emergency management plans, assessments, and vulnerability analysis, incident command system, emergency education and drills and exercises.
- 2. COMMUNICATION: Develops and maintains complex lines of communication with all key stakeholders as well as maintaining communications to all employees when appropriate
- 2.1 Serves as the liaison to the City of New Haven Public Health Department, Office of Emergency Management, State Department of Health, YNHHS OEP, and local public health and public safety organizations for the coordination of emergency management planning.
- 3. PLANNING: Engages in planning activities to assure that the organization maintains constant readiness
- 3.1 Evaluates the hospital's current plans or thoroughness and to maintain compliance with the Joint Commission, NFPA, OSHA, ASPR-HPP, and the State of Connecticut indicators.
- 4. COORDINATION: Coordinates relationships and activities with local, regional, state, and national agencies.
- 4.1 Assist in the planning and coordination of grant and contractual obligations with the state, federal, and other non-governmental organizations for hospitals and healthcare organizations on a regional and national level.
Masters degree and valid RN license required, Masters in Nursing, Business, or Administration or similar experience strongly preferred.
Five to seven years experience in health care environment, as well as a strong clinical background in emergency nursing. Must possess a knowledge of EMS structures and systems as well experience in emergency preparedness. Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain working relationships with hospitals, healthcare organizations, governmental and non-governmental agencies as a local, state, and national level.
RN Required. Requires certification at all levels (100, 200, 300, 700, 800) of the National Incident Management System and FEMA Incident Command Center within 1 year of hire.
Must be able to work in a diverse and dynamic environment with a variety of stakeholders. Effective communication, administration, and personnel management skills. Demonstrated ability to set and implement priorities ,manage tasks and programs and evaluate performance. Must be detail-oriented, efficient, and possess superior verbal and written communication skills as well as superior interpersonal skills. Ability to handle multiple high-profile projects in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines. Ability to work in a team environment and demonstrate flexibility, self-motivation, and adaptability. Proficient in MS Office
Works in the administrative office as well as warehouse environments. Required to travel to off-site locations, local area hospitals, and ambulatory sites. Must be able to work flexible hours depending upon program or schedules to include evenings and weekends. May at times be required to work long or irregular hours especially during an event. Requires walking, sitting, standing, and lifting heavy equipment and operations of computers and other technology. Responsible for working in a safe manner. Must be able to lift a minimum of 20lbs to shoulder height. Must be able to push/pull 75lbs. Intact sense of sights and hearing. Must be able to drive various vehicles in numerous situations and for various time periods.