To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Coordinates all activities related to the department's discharge planning efforts. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 1. Coordinates placement of hospitalized patients with extended care facility, home care or other community based agencies and facilitates delivery of equipment and supplies as directed by Care Coordinator or Social Work partner.
- 1.1 Gathers appropriate information needed on patient and family upon referral, to achieve discharge plan as developed by RN/SW Care Coordinator partner.
- 2. Maintains appropriate patient records as mandated by department and hospital policy.
- 2.1 Documents actions completed to achieve discharge plan as soon as possible but not to exceed 24 hours in the electronic medical record and Allscripts as determined by hospital standards.
- 3. Maintains knowledge of trends and developments in the field of discharge planning.
- 3.1 Attends and participates in in-service meetings and other designated training events that will enhance skills on a regular basis as documented by attendance at training seminars.
High school diploma or equivalent required. A.A. degree or B.A. degree preferred in Human Services preferred.
Hospital experience preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk and/or hear. The employee is also required to stand and walk. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Incumbents as well as external and internal applicants who become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without the assistance of reasonable accommodation as determined on a case by case basis. Weekend rotation required.