To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
This position is responsible to help oversee the day to day operational workflow if the Specialty Pharmacy Liaisons. They will be required to assure all policies and procedures are being followed and to meet product quality requirements for the services provided. This position will also be responsible for Specialty Pharmacy Liaison scheduling and to respond to the needs of the Specialty Pharmacy Liaison staff. The preferred candidate will have previous technician experience. Experience with managing projects and teams, experience with ibventory management and experience preparing compounds is preferred. Great communication skills and problem solving skills are required.
- 1. Provide leadership and direction to the Specialty Pharmacy Liaisons. Promotes positive customer relations, fosters a team environment within Outpatient Pharmacy Services and actively contributes to promote a supportive work environment.
- 2. Organizes and coordinates daily activities of the Specialty Pharmacy Liaison staff. Responsible for scheduling the Specialty Pharmacy Liaisons on a routine basis to assure adequate and consistent services. Determines and assesses the workflow of the pharmacy department and makes adjustments as needed. Participates in the duties of a Specialty Pharmacy Liaison when workload dictates.
- 3. Assists in managing people resources by participating in recruiting, selecting and hiring of qualified candidates. Responsible for orienting and training newly hired Specialty Pharmacy Liaisons, including but not limited to, creating an orientation checklist and coordinating necessary training.
- 4. Participates in performance recognition in consultation with other members of the Pharmacy Management Team. Evaluates staff performances in an accurate, consistent, objective and timely manner. Communicates personnel issues to other members of the Pharmacy Management team.
- 5. Applies the principles of performance improvement consistent with job expectations. Assists in the creation, implementation and follow up of Quality Improvement Activities. Assists in the development and updating of policies and procedures. Coordinates Specialty Pharmacy Liaison meetings, participates in in-service programs, committees and other functions as appropriate.
- 6. Communicate with patients in a friendly, welcoming manner. The "Service for Excellence" mission provided by YNHH is the main focus. Awareness of, and a model example of all the "non-negotiables" (10/5 rule, no venting, library voices, AIDET and the Pledge to Service of Excellence). Oversee, maintain, and continually evaluate customer service, order processing, claims adjudication and telephone etiquette procedures. Work to establish, maintain and implement audit procedures for customer service. Work in the area of "service recovery" in handling patient concerns and issues. Analyze root cause analysis and work to improve processes based on investigation. Work alongside the Customer Service Analyst to research consumer complaints, tracking processes, and report monthly results to Pharmacy Management. Act as a second level authority for complaint resolution and problem solving related to patient or provider complaints. Ensure all customer, payer, and staff concerns or complaints are handled promptly and properly.
- 7. Lead the Specialty Pharmacy Liaisons to maintain or exceed performance against standards in metrics. Manage workflow and processes to meet or exceed the standards, ensuring patient safety goals are met.
- 8. Perform other tasks as directed by Manager, Outpatient Pharmacy Services, or other Pharmacy Management team members.
High School diploma or equivalent required with additional birad training in fields such as medical office administration, pharmacy technician, social services or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of associate's degree program, or pharmacy technician program.
Five to ten years as a lead technician in a retail setting/senior technician in a retail setting, or previous experience as a district trainer in a retail setting. Three to five years of Specialty Pharmacy or call center management experience. Experience with direct patient communication and excellent leadership, project management, and customer service skills are required.
Technician registration with the Connecticut Board of Pharmacy and Nationally Certified Technician (PTCB) are both required.
Strong customer service skills and independent problem solving is a requirement. Must have excellent communication, conflict management, and time management skills. Must have the ability to prioritize and multitask/change tasks frequently and quickly. Knowledge of drug products, knowledge of requirements of the pharmaceutical industries and knowledge of Medication Patient Assistance Program is helpful. Must be competent with Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Access. Must have leadership capabilities and patient management expertise.