To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Provides administrative and technical assistance as required for the efficient management of all radiology services and programs. Responsible for independent action in administrative matters, systems design and implementation, budget development and control, department clerical and business operations and a variety of special projects., Has administrative and technical responsibility for all Radiology disciplines to include on-site services for both hospital campuses and all off-site locations.
- 1. Provides planning, direction and supervision for all non-physician aspects of the Radiology department with regards to services, programs, and evaluations of such programs. Recommends action to the Executive Director regarding equipment modification, new equipment and essential construction within the Department. Provides long-range and project planning and recommends facilities, equipment and such contractual services as may be required.
- 2. Works with Clinical Chairman and Executive Director to review trends and directions of technological and administrative functions of Diagnostic Radiology. Recommends, establishes and maintains standards of organizational structure, which ensures departmental accountability, and the accomplishment of objectives. Coordinate Manager On Call program for the support and supervision of all DR operations 24x7.
- 3. Is a standing member of the Department's Leadership meetings held with YDR. Prepares and develops QA standards and indicators required by JCAHO and the Hospital's QA Committee. Has responsibility in directing all technical related QA/QC activities, (i.e., data collection and coordination). Monitors performance initiatives in department; works with Quality Performance Lead to ensure that managers are engaged in projects.
- 4. Responsible for the development of the Department's Business Plan to ensure that it parallels that of the Hospital's goals and objectives as defined in the Master Business Plan. Develops strategic planning for both short and long-term department goals. Facilitates department business planning sessions; coordinates final document.
- 5. Operating Budget Oversight: Together with Assistant Director for Finance, provide ongoing monitoring of Department Operating Budget. Meet with section managers routinely to review overtime, monthly budget variance, etc. Provide justification for operating budget adjustments, additions, reductions, etc.
- 6. Responsible for the preparation and development of capital budget plans and their implementation, the preparation of reports, documents, statistical surveys, and other data required. Coordinates Capital Budget submissions from all sections into overall DR Capital Budget request. Works with section chiefs, managers and Chairman to provide justifications and prioritize items. Inputs requests, priorities, and approvals into StrataCap.
- 7. Responsible for development of long-range strategic plan for the department.
- 8. Maintains Diagnostic Imaging services in accordance with standards established by the Chairman of the Department and such state, local and federal standards that may apply (i.e., JCAHO, OSHA, DPH, and NRC). Is responsible for the technical aspects of Radiologic safety in the department, recommending programming, monitoring and carrying out recommendations of the Radiation Safety Officer and radiation Safety Committee. Adheres to all Hazcom Universal Precautions policies and procedures as promulgated by Hospital and state/federal agencies. Maintains all applicable regulatory preparedness.
- 9. Oversees all Human Resource needs across Diagnostic Radiology. Coordinates the recruitment, selection and appointment of necessary personnel. Work with Recruitment and Compensation departments to maintain employee recruitment and retention programs for Diagnostic Radiology.
- 10. Responsible for all Diagnostic Radiology management and exempt professional staff. Plans career development and oversees their daily management responsibilities.
- 11. Responsible for the development, ongoing evaluation, documentation, and sign-off of all manager and coordinator yearly Performance Goals and Assessments.
- 12. Provides ongoing administrative and technical direction necessary for the daily operations of Diagnostic Radiology, CT scan, MRI, Ultrasound, Nuclear Medicine, and Mammography at all YNHH campus locations plus off-site locations to include the Yale Physicians Building, Long Wharf Radiology, SMC, Sports Medicine office and Mammography van sites. Provides co-management direction along with Vice Chair (Clinical).
- 13. Maintains Kronos for all management staff. Supervises the administration of payroll practices across all sections and employees of Diagnostic Radiology.
- 14. Oversees IT management functions for overall department employees in Lawson MSS; initiate all transactions for management group; review and approve all performance reviews, salary adjustments, transfers, FTE requests, job postings, etc. for all DR employees.
- 15. Facilitates all Diagnostic Radiology staff disciplinary issues: assist section managers with all employee warnings; consult with Employee Relations and participate in all final warnings and employee discharges.
- 16. Coordinate the purchases and ongoing service for all major equipment including maintenance of contracts with GE, Philips, Fuji and all other major vendors. Represent DR in all contract negotiations for equipment purchases, service contracts, etc.
- 17. Department contact for CON coordination: work with Planning Office Diagnostic Radiology Administration, Chairman, Section Chief, managers and finance to facilitate all CON's required for DR equipment.
- 18. Provide administrative oversight for all construction and renovation projects in DR. Participates in DR Cancer Center planning. Coordinate all equipment installation projects. Work with equipment vendors, Facilities Planning and Design, Engineering, outside architects, contractors, etc., as necessary to complete projects.
- 19. Facilitate billing and coding initiatives throughout DR. Work with DR Business Manager, section managers, finance, PFAS, IT, etc, to ensure ongoing accuracy of all DR billing and coding. Together with Compliance and Internal Audit, follow through with all external audits and resolve all findings/recommendations.
- 20. Support YNHHS Diagnostic Radiology Clinical Evaluation Committee; attend monthly meetings, coordinate system wide Radiology initiatives; attain target budget reductions.
- 21. Oversees the instruction and supervision of the School of Radiologic Technology, Nuclear Medicine Technology, School of Diagnostic Ultrasound as well as develop and coordinates in-service training programs for technical and support staff. Participates in community health education and career information groups. Delegates appropriate responsibilities to designated staff. Establishes programs for training and professional development for all Diagnostic Radiology staff members, supervisors and managers. Coordinates, supervises and develops inter/intra-departmental activities.
- 22. Member of Department Service Excellence Steering Committee; responsible for evaluation of all complaints, issues. Working with Patient Relations; coordinate resolution of patient complaints / issues.
- 23. Serve on both hospital and system wide committees as needed: DR-CEC, Equipment Products Standards Committee, DR Ballroom Committee, Family Centered Care Committee, and ad-hoc hospital wide committees.
- 24. Responsible for projects as needed to include, but not limited to, performance improvement, Six Sigma projects, works with managers and quality performance lead to ensure ongoing process improvement.
- 25. Delegates appropriate responsibility to designated staff members. Performs other administrative duties within the Department as required.
Master's Degree required in Radiologic Science, Business, Public or Hospital Administration or the equivalent; Experience and Board Certification in a minimum of (2) imaging modalities preferred.
Minimum of five (5) years of managerial experience in a health care setting.
Excellent managerial/administrative skills. Must have excellent written, oral communication, and organizational skills. Knowledge of inventory control, Quality Assurance and billing procedures.