To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the general direction of the Scheduling and Communication Manager, and in cooperation with all the members of the patient care team, performs a wide range of customer relations, communications, administrative, and coordinate functions that fully support patient care activities within the Perioperative Services Department.
- 1. In a pleasant, courteous and professional manner performs reception and communication duties to ensure all patient, visitor, and staff needs in support of the Peri-operative Services are met.
- 1.1 Answers the phone in five (5) rings in a courteous manner identifying unit and staff member's name 100% of the time.
- 2. Maintains all patients' medical records and forms relating to medical records and forms relating to medical status and care maintaining strict confidentiality at all times.
- 2.1 Receives and signs for receipt of official historical patient chart from Medical Records Department. Files in designated location accessible to patient care staff.
- 3. Utilizes all computer and manual systems for patient scheduling, transfers, tracking, ordering supplies and other appropriate applications.
- 3.1 Schedules Pre-admission Testing appointments via the EPIC system.
- 4. Provides administrative support to ensue patient is discharged within scheduled time frame and with a maximum level of patient/customer satisfaction. Monitors discharge activities to ensure that all Hospital-related discharge procedures are met.
- 4.1 Ensures all appropriate paperwork is in order.
- 5. Performs miscellaneous duties to assure complete customer relations, administrative, and clerical support to patient care and patient/customer satisfaction.
- 5.1 Obtains supplies, towels, ice, coffee, etc for visitors and patients as time permits.
- 6. In addition to the Hospital Standards on Customer Relations, balances compassion and empathy, exhibits exceptional professionalism and customer relations skills, with particular sensitivity to the varying needs and communication styles of our culturally diverse patient, visitor and employee populations.
- 6.1 Exercises self-control, behaves and communicates with understanding, including in anger-provoking situations. Demonstrates sensitivity to the emotional, financial and physical stress the patient or family may be experiencing.
Graduation from high school, Associate's Degree preferred, or an equivalent amount of training and experience.
Two (2) years administrative clerical experience preferred, Ability to utilize PC Applications, including Microsoft Office. One (1) years experience managing high volume of telephone calls or experience as an operator or dispatcher is preferred.
Excellent communications, interpersonal, coordinative, and organizational skills. Ability to read computer screens, forms and other documents and follow written and oral instructions. Ability to write clearly and legibly. Ability to make simple mathematical computations. Advanced keyboarding and data entry skills. Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment. Ability to respond to unpredictable, changing situations and needs (including clinical crises and otherwise stressful situations and interactions) with sound judgment and excellent customer relations skills. Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to optimize positive outcomes.