To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Independently manage Foundation office operations, including all aspects of gift processing, related database maintenance, records and reporting, including detailed interface with Finance. Plans, manages and executes various special events. Manages sensitive and confidential prospect data and interfaces regularly with high net worth individuals. Participates in Board of Directors meetings, including strategic planning and goal setting process. Provides high-level administrative support to the Executive Director.
- 1. Assure accurate financial, operational, donor files and other records and accounts are up to date and reconciled. Prepare weekly, monthly, and annual reports as required by system Finance and by Foundation and Development leadership.
- 2. Plan and manage Foundation special events, receptions, etc., as well as other aspects of donor relations.
- 3. Conducts prospect/donor research to support major and principal gift proposals for support.
- 4. Coordinates and participates in meetings of the Foundation Board of Directors and sub committees.
- 5. Prepares memorial and honorary gifts notifications; produces Tribute Journal and annual update to the Angel of Hope Memorial Garden display.
- 6. Processes invoices and purchase orders, assuring expenses are assigned to the correct line account.
- 7. Manages aspects of the Annual Appeal and other Foundation mailings, and works with members of the Board of Directors to produce personalized letters mailings and other communications.
- 8. Anticipates potential issues, and offers solutions as needed. Contributes to team meetings and discussion, offer ideas, solutions, and suggestions for improvement or innovation.
- 9. Participates when appropriate with Hospital-wide, Hospital-sponsored events; seeks opportunities to interact and collaborate with peers and associates in other Hospital departments.
- 10. Assists the Executive Director in his role as liaison to the Westerly Hospital Auxiliary.
- 11. Creates and nurtures good relationships with donors and prospects on behalf of the Foundation/Hospital.
- 12. Meets performance and training expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review and as required by the Hospital/System.
- 13. Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the Foundation
Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred; High School Graduate or Equivalent required
Strong written and oral communication skills, office management experience and proficiency with Microsoft Office, including MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Familiarity with development database software; experience with Blackbaud?s Raiser?s Edge preferred. Must be able to respond to varying priorities and to process high volumes of work with accuracy and an attention to detail.
Must be creative and courteous, organized and motivated, an eager learner, detail-oriented and possessing of a collaborative, proactive, team-oriented attitude.