To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Works Under The Supervision Of The Nurse Manager/Clinical Coordinator. The Registered Nurse (Rn) Assesses, Plans, Implements, Evaluates And Supervises Individual Patient Care On A Nursing Unit/Department According To Unit Policies And Procedures. Provides Supervision Of Non-Rn Personnel On The Assigned Unit. When Assuming The Charge Role, Delegates And Supervises Unit Activities. Will Cross-Train And Work In Both The New London And Pequot Emergency Departments According To Distribution Of Staff And Patients. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Requested In Order To Maintain A High Level Of Service.
- 1. Assesses The Patient?S Physical And Psychosocial Condition On An Ongoing Basis Throughout The Continuum Of Care.
- 2. Develops, Communicates And Documents A Plan Of Care Reflecting Individualized Patient Problems And Interventions To Achieve Desired Outcomes, Involving The Patient, Family And Healthcare Team In This Process.
- 3. Implements And Coordinates This Plan Of Care In Collaboration With The Healthcare Team.
- 4. Evaluates The Effectiveness Of The Plan Of Care, Patient?S Response To Care, And Readiness For Discharge. Revises The Plan Of Care As Needed And Makes Referrals Where Indicated.
- 5. Plans For Education After Assessing The Individual Learning Needs And Readiness Of The Patient And Family. Provides Educational Opportunities And Documents Outcomes.
- 6. Functions As A Preceptor To New Staff.
- 7. Functions As A Charge Nurse, As Assigned.
- 8. Meets Performance Expectations For Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, And Staff And Self Development As Outlined In Performance Review.
- 9. Performs Other Duties As Assigned Or Directed To Ensure Smooth Operation Of The Department/Unit.
- 10. Recognizes Scope Of Responsibilities And Functions Within Limitations Of Job Description. Demonstrates And Maintains Competency In Basic Clinical And Technical Skills According To Established Standards Of Practice And Implements Appropriate Nursing Actions, Including: Care Of Trauma Patients, Spontaneous Deliveries, Radiation And Mass Casualty, Triage, Cpr, Acls, Tncc, Med Radio, Infection Control, Body Mechanics And Mechanical Aids; Electrical, Fire And Environmental Safety.
- 11. Assesses Knowledge Of Patient?S Condition And Barriers To Learning. Explains Patient Condition, Tests And Treatments To Patient And/Or Family, As Appropriate, Consistent With Their Level Of Comprehension. Reviews And Reinforces Discharge Instructions With Patient/Family And Provides A Copy Of Discharge Instructions, Appropriate Medications And Home Care Instruction Sheets.
- 12. Documentation Is Clear, Accurate And Concise, Identifying Appropriate Resources, Patient Assessment And Response To Treatments/Medical Plan Of Care. Insures Necessary Safety Precautions Are Taken, Including Compliance With Restraint Policy.
- 13. Carries Out Ordering Provider Orders In Accordance To Established Hospital Policy. Reports Abnormality/Instability In A Timely Manner To Physician And/Or Charge Nurse. Perceives Potential Problems And Intervenes To Offset Adverse Reactions.
- 14. Demonstrates Knowledge Of Pharmaceuticals And Their Effects. Administers Meds According To Established Policy. Reports Any Untoward Reactions To Ordering Provider.
- 15. Prepares Patient For Surgical And Medical Procedures, Assists Md During Tx, Preparation Of And Knowledge Of Proper Usage Of Specialized Equipment.
- 16. Maintains Inventories And Cleanliness Of Rooms, Instruments And Equipment, Especially In Isolation Cases. Report Deficiencies Promptly To Charge Nurse.
Graduate Of An Accredited School Of Nursing; Bsn Preferred. Proficient In Use Of Computer Software To Include Electronic Patient Records. Must Have Ability To Use Internet For Literature Searches Regarding Care For Patients.
Valid State Of Connecticut Registered Nurse License
Acls, Bls And Pals Required Within 1 Year Of Hire. Tncc, Cen Or Ccrn Certification Preferred/ Strongly Suggested.