To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Functions as the first contact for many radiology department encounters. As such demonstrates a positive attitude and willingness to perform tasks necessary to allow smooth operations for the department. The medical secretary performs a wide variety of administrative/secretarial duties including day to day office functions, scheduling and coordinating meetings, preparing correspondence, maintaining files and calendars.
- 1. Demostrates superior organizational abilities. Performs a wide variety of administrative/secretarial duties including day to day office functions, scheudling and coordintaing meetings, preparing correspondence, maintaining files and calendars.
- 2. Contributes to cost containment by contributing to general department efficiency.
- 3. Maintains confidentiality in all aspects of job performance.
- 4. Is responsible for promoting the Greenwich Hospital Service Excellence Program.
- 5. Maintains proper level of departmental inventory supplies to allow staff to complete assigned responsibilities.
Two (2) years college, graduation from secretarial school of equivalent experience.
Two years of secretarial experience; medical experience preferred.
Knowledge of medical terminology and outstanding interpersonal skills.
To be available and attentive to a wide variety of people calling or coming into the department.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Average office environment with normal noise.