To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Performs Lead Technician functions as assigned by Manager. Oversees daily operations of assigned shift. Performs all reprocessing activities of instrumentation, supplies and equipment used for patient care. Ensures receipt, collection and transportation of all contaminated instruments and supplies. Ensures operation and cleanliness of all department equipment. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 1. Coordinates the daily work assignments. Prioritizes work flow by working with the Charge Nurse in the Operating room. Responsible for Case Carts sent to the Operating Room for daily O.R. schedule. Responsible for all emergency additions to the daily schedule. (3pm-11:15pm) Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide the appropriate information needed to identify each customer request.
- 2. Knowledge of the complex factors that affect the process of sterilization, as well as specific procedures that should be followed for all Hospital sterilization. Maintains all SPD Processing Equipment; schedules emergency maintenance when necessary.
- 2.1 Maintains and randomly QA's all sterilization records including BI's. Communicates to changes to policies and procedures effectively.
- 3. Assists in management of all Operating Room instrumentation. Familiar with all instrument kits; assists SPD aide when necessary. Assists in the management of instruments coming from outside Vendors. Responsible for following the process from decontamination through sterilization. Works closely with staff, so instruments are available for scheduled operative procedures.
- 4. Monitors all activities of the Sterile Processing Aides, including Decontamination,Packaging, Processing, Dispensing, Inventory management and Storage. Familiar with all types of specialty instrumentation from the Operating room, Labor & Delivery, Cath Lab, Emergency department, and other specialty areas of the hospital
High School Diploma, Associates degree preferred.
2 years' experience in Central Sterile Processing or Operating room environment with extensive knowledge of instrumentation, OR medical and surgical supplies and OR/CSS operations.
Certified trough CBSPD or IAHCSMM.
Must be have communication skills.
May be exposed to , Bio Hazardous waste..
Standing/walking most of the day. Sufficient mobility and strength to move throughout department and lift heavy items; up to 50 pounds. Pushing and pulling Sterilizer Carriages, Case Carts, and Wire Supply Carts.