To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Responsible for the daily performance and function of employees in both the Painters Shop and Facility Specialists shop. Is responsible for the scheduling of all work assignments and quality control activity to insure work is done correctly. Also serves as the primary contact with all "customers."
- 1. Operational - Following department procedures manages and coordinates the work activities of painters and specialists, reviews construction drawings and deals with outside contractors regarding bids and
specification of work, and controls salary and non salary expenses of assigned staff or projects to ensure
quality of care is provided effectively and efficiently
- 1.1 Manages and coordinates the work activities of Painters,and Specialists in all
areas of the Hospital to ensure compliance with Hospital and department standards.
- 2. Paint/Masonry - Schedules short and long term paint projects, monitors workmanship of paint staff ,
coordinates and supervises outside paint contractors, and manages the production and installation of signage
to ensure quality of work.
- 2.1 Plans, schedules, directs and coordinates the implementation of long range, short range and touch-up
- 3. Facility Support Specialists- Coordinates the repair of maintenance, electrical and plumbing requests to
ensure items function properly and safely. Coordinates the assembly of various furniture or equipment and
assigns staff to emergency calls to ensure prompt response and patient and staff safety .
- 3.1 Organizes, supervises and coordinates the repair and maintenance of casework, doors, furniture,
shelves walls, ceilings and floors to provide an environment where all of these items function correctly
and present a proper aesthetic appearance.
- 4. Quality Assurance - Performs quality rounds with staff and other hospital personnel, shares relevant
information, identifies ways to improve employee performance and ensure all safety policies and procedures
are being followed.
- 4.1 Performs QA rounds on a daily basis and document results. Informs Hospital management person in
charge of the area of any problems that may exist in their area, and identifies ways to improve rapport
and cooperation with other department staff regarding issues of quality and service .
- 5. Human Resource Management
- 5.1 Provides training to assigned employees, assigns work requests fairly, conducts monthly and individual employee meetings and coordinates training needs within and outside own unit to improve or increase the effective of the department.
- 6. Administrative
- 6.1 Makes recommendation pertaining to budget and keeps Director informed of problems or course of action to be taken.
Must have a minimum of a 2 year degree in business combined with at least 7 years of experience as a Painter and Facility Specialists or an equivalent experience of at least 10 years.
Must have directed a Painters Shop and Facility Specialists shop operation at a major venue, similar in size and scope to a 300 bed hospital for at least 7 years.
Must be able to organize work of self and others. Must be skilled as a Painter and Facility Specialist. Must have command of basic computer office suite software. Must function as a leader AND manager.,
Work area includes all areas occupied by YNHH. Able to walk extensively and climb ladders.