To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the Administrator, SSC II OR and SSC Endo, the SSC Ambulatory Surgery Inventory Assistant is responsible for the processing and procurement of requests for various supplies, services, and equipment. Monitors vendor performance and updates source files to assure compliance of negotiated prices, fill rates, and delivery dates. Manages daily Lawson orders, checks and follows-up in `buyer messages' and works with Purchasing to verify that all orders are received and processed in a timely manner., Works with Contract Coordinators, vendors, and users to contain costs. Works on special projects as assigned by Supervisor. Works with users and Materials Management to ensure each department's formulary is on-line and updated so that the majority of purchases are requisitioned electronically.
- 1. Processes purchase requisitions to procure new medical and non-medical goods and services as assigned by supervisor in a timely manner consistent with YNHASC standards.
- 1.1 Reviews, prioritizes, edits and processes purchase requisitions in accordance to departmental procedures assuring completeness and accuracy of specifications, quantities, contract compliance, product quality and delivery requirements.
- 2. Assures that pricing is consistent with existing contracts and GPO contracts and the IOS purchase orders and item files reflect accurate pricing.
- 2.1 Reviews exception reports daily, making timely adjustments to purchase orders and item files as appropriate.
- 3. Assures thorough and ongoing communication with users regarding delivery dates, price changes, contract updates, use of substitute items, vendor performance, date to day problem resolution and other pertinent information.
- 4. Interacts with vendors to assure thorough and ongoing communications with YNHASC.
- 4.1 Monitors vendor performance on a regular basis and communicates problems as appropriate.
- 5. Performs maintenance on IOS and other information systems as necessary.
- 5.1 Processes completed purchase orders regularly to ensure system is not filled with old, incomplete, purchase orders per guidelines.
- 6. Continuously strives for improvement in the quality and scope of services provided by Purchasing and Materials Management.
- 6.1 Interacts with the users to assure that their needs are met.
- 7. Maintains inventory under the direction of the Supervisor and Manager of the Department.
- 7.1 Inventories and records changing supply needs for emergency back-up system on an ongoing basis as determined by the Supervisor.
- 8. Stocks supplies for to ensure that the department maintains adequate supply levels.
- 8.1 Upon receipt of completed orders, delivers stock to designated areas as observed by the supervisor.
- 9. Responsible for all supplies and will make certain that no damaged goods or expired items are in the inventory.
- 10. Provide complete, accurate and timely monthly reports relating to inventory levels, open PO and other critical supply chain data to the supervisor/Administrator.
- 11. Creates and maintains par groups using inventory control systems(s).
- 11.1 Creates par levels as requested by Supervisor to assure that supplies will be ordered and stored appropriately.
- 12. Maintains ongoing communications to establish good customer relations with co-workers, fellow employees, vendors and visitors.
- 13. Assures confidentiality of all contract pricing and terms as well as individual computer related security codes (password, I.D., etc.).
- 14. Match packing slips with purchase orders and votes any discrepancies for payment.
- 15. Performs other related duties as required to support the overall needs to the department.
High School graduate required; Associates Degree preferred.
Three to five years Purchasing experience preferred. Minimum two years experience working in materials, warehouse, supply chain or related work required.
Must have good verbal and written skills in communications with staff and vendors. Knowledge of materials management and supply chain operating and information systems preferred. Must have proven computer skills and strong communication skills (verbal and written).