To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the OR Materials Manager and the OR Materials Supervisor, the OR Materials Management (ORMM) Supply Coordinator is responsible for managing medical/surgical supplies used by the Operating Room. This includes the inventory, ordering, receipt, stocking and processing of all materials. Maintains inventory records of supplies on hand, ordered and received. Coordinates the borrowing of supplies to ensure high customer satisfaction. Actively reviews and recommends PAR changes in QSight, JIT, and Direct Order stock to ensure the proper level of supply to meet current demand is accurate. Ensures appropriate steps taken to comply with the hospital's Environment of Care (EoC) requirements. Properly executes ORMM vendor policy.
- 1. Performs daily inventory duties; Ordering and receiving supplies ensuring product availability, product expiration sweeps, cycle counts, proper storage, and stock rotation. Reviews the OR schedule and collaborates with designated OR clinical personnel to process any special order requests needed for scheduled surgeries.
- 1.1 Orders supplies for the basement storeroom to maintain appropriate levels of stock in all supply areas based on either established par levels within the Lawson PDAD, QSight application or established par sheets.
- 2. Actively reviews and recommends PAR changes in QSight, JIT, and Direct Order stock to ensure the proper level of supply to meet current demand is accurate
- 2.1 Identifies and coordinates the implementation of functional equivalent products or formulary requests.
- 3. Maintains accurate inventory records, details and levels for all products managed within QSight in accordance with the QSight Working Manual.
- 3.1 Performs setup functions within QSight to assign and identify consignment status, implant status, inspection requirement, price, par level, Lawson number, location, lot number tracking requirement and the contents of count sheets for all products assigned via a description alias.
- 4. Executes and coordinates the routine and emergency procurement and loaning of supplies as required for scheduled surgery and follow up with ORMM to identify ways to minimize future occurrences.
- 4.1 Contacts vendors to coordinate timely, efficient procurement of supplies not stocked in the Operating Room as requested or needed. Locates, acquires and ensures delivery of appropriate supplies as requested by nursing management, OR Materials Manager or Service Line Leads.
- 5. Demonstrates thorough understanding of the ORMM Vendor Policy by appropriately triaging all visits to the OR by vendor and ensures appointments were established.
- 5.1 Verifies that all NON-PHOTO ID vendors have an appointment, are properly signed in and have appropriate completed paperwork before issuing a dated sticker allowing access into the OR. No cold calls allowed.
- 6. Ensures appropriate steps taken to comply with the hospital's Environment of Care requirements to include removing expired products from the supply areas and clean/organized work areas.
- 6.1 Keeps all boxes off floor on pallets or wire racks.
- 7. Performs coverage as needed for the Bone & Tissue regulatory requirements to include receiving, reconciling packing slips and implanted items, verifying integrity of the shipped items, logging serial/lot numbers into QSight, complying with audits and assisting Accounts Payable.
- 7.1 Receives Bone & Tissue products, verifies packing slips of shipped product and integrity of shipper per the Bone & Tissue issuing and receiving policy guidelines.
- 8. Assumes responsibility for professional growth and development.
- 8.1 Participates in educational seminars or programs to improve materials management skills and performance. Attends in-services of new products to enhance product understanding and provide increased staff satisfaction.
- 9. Works in cross-functional teams to determine the cause and appropriate resolution of invoicing or accounts payable issues to resolve and proactively manage vendor relations.
- 9.1 Responds to inquiries from various YNHH departments in a timely manner.
High School diploma, college preferred.
Minimum of 3 years working with Operating Room Medical/Surgical Supplies in an OR, CSS or Materials Management capacity. Experience with purchasing, accounts payable, and patient billing is preferred. Must be familiar with Materials Management Functions of inventory, ordering, receipt and stocking, review of usage report data and development of appropriate PAR levels. Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, EPIC, QSIGHT and Lawson applications preferred. Experience with Federal regulatory requirements such as handling Bone & Tissue products preferred. .
Must be able to operate a computer for data entry, extraction, report generation and information management. Skills required in researching individual supply requirements and developing plans to ensure product availability prior to scheduled surgery dates. Must be able to perform calculations to establish pars based on usage history. Needs to be familiar with Microsoft Applications such as Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
Works within the perioperative department and wears surgical attire around supplies. Must be able to lift boxes up to 50lbs. Must be able to stand, squat and walk for prolonged periods of time. Must have the ability to push supply trucks up to 500 lbs.