To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the supervision of the Manager of Clinical Services and the direction of the Assistant Patient Services Manager, performs specific duties that support patient care. These duties include a wide range of record keeping and file room responsibilities to ensure the efficient operation to providing comprehensive care to patients. Patient and family centered care (PFCC) at YNHH is demonstrated by working with patients and their families based on the 4 principles of PFCC: participation, dignity and respect, information sharing, and collaboration. This includes providing service excellence by creating a great "First Impression" by demonstrating exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel.
- 1. Adheres to the "I Am YNHH" service excellence pledge and promotes a positive work environment.
- 2. Performs assigned receptionist duties to ensure the efficient operation of the Department.
- 2.1 Answers the telephone in a pleasant and courteous manner within 3 rings, identifying the department anself as directed, demonstrating sensitivity to the varying needs and communication styles of our culturally diverse
patients, families and staff.
- 3. Performs assigned clerical duties to ensure the efficient operation of the Medical records area.
- 3.1 Receives, distributes, processes, files and maintains all patients' medical records and other documents
relating to medical status and patient care maintaining strict confidentially at all times.
- 4. Customer Service - Demonstrates exemplary customer service skills for all customer groups including
patients, families/friends, physicians, staff and support department personnel.
- 4.1 Interacts with patients, families/friends, physicians and staff, in a helpful, courteous, pleasant and
professional manner at all times.
- 5. Team Alignment - Participates in Striving for Excellence work at the unit level.
- 5.1 Actively contributes to all unit activities that support a positive work environment.
Graduation from high school including or supplemented by secretarial training courses.
One (1) to two (2) years of secretarial or business related experience involving public contact. Experience in a patient care environment is preferred.
Must possess good typing and data entry skills. Must have good computer skills; word processing, Microsoft Office and Excel Program knowledge desired. Excellent communication skills. Ability to work under varying work loads and deal with extremely ill patients as well as a variety of professionals. Thorough knowledge of third party terminology.