To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
At Bridgeport Hospital, we are committed to providing quality medical care and treatment that is coordinated and centered on the patient's specific needs. We strive to achieve benchmarks as a Patient Centered Medical Home and provide health care in a setting where patients are at the center of their care team. All employees of Bridgeport Hospital are part of the patients care team and contribute to the team approach of promoting access, continuous, comprehensive care and work to provide quality improvement in the care provided to their patients.
Performs a variety of diversified duties involving scanning and related procedures. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- 1. Performs warm up calibration procedures necessary to ready the scanners for patient imaging.
- 1.1 Performs proper machine warm and calibration every morning as noted by Radiologist through quality image.
- 2. Sets up and operates the CAT Scan equipment to ensure accuracy and picture quality.
- 2.1 Operates the CAT scanner to produce images for diagnosis according to department policy as noted by supervisor and radiologist.
- 3. Selects and operates equipment as directed for patient exam.
- 3.1 Follows proper protocols for patient exam according to established department procedures as noted by supervisor and/or Radiologist feedback.
- 4. Obtains pertinent clinical information from patients and charts, explains procedure and encourages cooperation through quality patient care.
- 4.1 Utilizes safety screening sheets on every patient as noted by supervisor and/or patient feedback.
- 5. Consults with radiologist in charge for required exam and set up prior to patient imaging.
- 5.1 Consults with radiologist prior to patient exam for non-protocol exams as noted by radiologist feedback.
- 6. Schedules and coordinates all patient scheduling, preparation and arranges for patient transport.
- 6.1 Coordinates schedule of patient flow to ensure smooth work pattern as noted by staff and patient feedback.
- 7. Responsible for keeping work area clean and well stocked and maintaining equipment.
- 7.1 Keeps work area clean and well stocked every day as noted by supervisor and/or patient feedback.
- 8. Maintains pertinent section logs and performs clerical duties as needed.
- 8.1 Keeps proper log data on every patient as noted by supervisor and/or feedback.
- 9. Administers I.V. contrast.
- 9.1 Performs I.V. infusions in accordance to department protocol.
- 10. Demonstrates basic leadership skills and professional growth.
- 10.1 Demonstrates ability to function in any position within assigned areas to ensure continuation of patient services as required as observed by supervisor.
- 11. Plans and/or implements care for assigned patients.
- 11.1 Demonstrates knowledge of developmental stages from adolescence to old age and applies developmental theories/concepts when planning and implementing care for the adult patient as observed by supervisor and as indicated by feedback from staff.
- 12. Types all applicable information into the computer system.
- 12.1 Types all demographic patient information from the consult into department computer according to computer program and department protocol as observed by supervisor.
- 13. Contributes to an effective quality management and quality control program for assigned area that is consistent with overall departmental/hospital quality management plan.
- 13.1 Monitors Q.A. activities in accordance to section plan as observed by supervisor.
- 14. Patient Satisfaction: ED & Inpatient scores Inpatient Wait Time: ED Wait Time: ED Courtesy:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Minimum of three years experience as R.T. (R) Proven Cat Scan experience preferred.
Registered R.T. (R) Licensed in the State of Connecticut
Part time; Rotating all 3 shifts with every other weekend and holidays
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. They may frequently be required to sit; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell. They may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of radiation. They are frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Incumbents as well as external and internal applicants who become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions with or without the assistance of reasonable accommodation as determined on a case by case basis.