To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Financial Planning Bridgeport Hospital, this position will be a strategic partner and key financial liaison with various operating departments and a focal point for all financial administrative activities in the absence of the Senior Manager, Financial Planning Bridgeport Hospital.
This position will play a key role in ensuring that financial and operational goals are developed, monitored, measured and reported to financial and operational stakeholders in a consistent, timely and informative manner, provide support for responses to inquiries and help ensure problem resolution.
This position will have a key role in assisting the Senior Manager, Financial Planning Bridgeport Hospital to prepare key month end close information, Management Discussion and Analysis (MD&A), Board of Trustee presentations, financial committee packages and presentations to support management and senior leadership in a variety of organizational initiatives.
Responsibilities include the coordination of all business plan activities that directly affect Bridgeport Hospital as well as the physician practices and the Yale School of Medicine (?YSM?) that are associated with Bridgeport Hospital. Additionally, this position will assist with the financial site responsibility for the development of key financial projections as well as all Cost and Value Program initiatives.
The position will provide in depth knowledge on utilizing existing systems to develop internal and external reporting as well as increase the effectiveness and efficiency of financial and clinical support
- 1. Responsible for working with the Senior Manager, Financial Planning Bridgeport Hospital to support financial goals and objectives for the hospital and associated physician practices.
- 2. Develops and monitors business plans designed to achieve established financial and operational goals.
- 3. Will be expected to lead efforts and work with representatives from various clinical areas, Corporate Finance, Coding, Medical Records Billing, and Utilization and Utilization Management, Compliance and Information Systems and staff from other organizations. Will be required to work closely with clinical, Compliance and other Finance colleagues on a number of related projects.
- 4. Monitor annual operating budgets, capital budgets and cash flow projections to ensure that the overall financial goals of the organization are met. Act as key liaison with the System budget and Revenue Management departments.
- 5. Assists in the financial close process, which includes review and analysis, financial assessments and ad hoc reports, supporting documentation, and communication of issues.
- 6. Develops new opportunities for revenue and clinical enhancement by analyzing Hospital volumes, reimbursement, as well as working with other departments to identify areas of opportunity.
- 7. Coordinates the collection of financial data between the hospital and physician practices toward the development of all business plans.
- 8. Analyzes current information, supporting documentation and data capture methods for purposes of identifying systematic and departmental opportunities for improvement and enhancement of revenue.
- 9. Support numerous clinical departments that have a stake in the Hospital results. Provide the monthly results and statistics to ensure that data is received in a timely fashion and agrees with general ledger details enabling inclusion in the monthly reporting packages.
- 10. Assist with the completion of financial forecasts and month-end financial reporting including the results against plan for a variety of key metrics relating to the monthly financial statements for both Hospital and physician initiatives.
- 11. Prepares schedules and forms as required for external benchmark comparison as required.
- 12. Interface with physician leaders, operational leaders, NEMG leadership and the System Revenue Management team as needed.
- 13. Collaborate with Financial Reporting and Revenue Management Team on ensuring maximization of revenue across all Bridgeport Hospital service lines.
- 14. Communicates regularly and effectively with management and staff regarding the status of financial initiatives and keeps management and staff updated and trained.
- 15. Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- 16. Self-directed with the ability to collaborate with various stakeholders and teams and work in a fast paced environment with tight deadlines with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- 17. Assist with due diligence efforts on System strategic initiatives.
- 18. Perform other duties as assigned.
BA or BS in accounting or business, or equivalent experience. Master's degree in relevant field preferred.
The position requires a minimum of three to five years of demonstrated experience, understanding of financial operational procedures and processes, including financial statement preparation and analysis. A strong working knowledge of financial statement preparation, reporting, and analysis is required. Demonstrated ability to coordinate and facilitate operational change in a complex environment with diverse agendas is required.
Knowledge of health care accounting is recommended. Demonstrated ability to lead groups and work on numerous projects simultaneously. Previous management experience is preferred. Ability to influence and direct the thinking of others and deal with all levels of management and different types of staff.