To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Business Office Support Associate makes a positive contribution to the success of the Center by providing patient-centered coordination of business and clinical activities. Incumbents are in near-continuous contact with patients, and are expected to model behaviors that support the values and service standards adopted by the Center. Business office staff need to understand all aspects of Business Office functions which include: Registration, Scheduling, Insurance Verification, Medical Records, Credentialing and general clerical work. Assignments will be made based up experience and business needs
- 1. Registration
- 1.1 Accurately enter patient demographic and insurance information into computer system.
- 2. Insurance Verification
- 2.1 Verify patient's insurance coverage that require pre-authorization
- 3. Scheduling
- 3.1 Work with physician offices to coordinate scheduling of patient cases, including all details needed for booking. Enter information into scheduling system timely paying attention to detail accuracy.
- 4. Medical Records
- 4.1 Assure that all medical records are completed, documents placed in sequence and stored securely
- 5. Office Protocol
- 5.1 Adhere to YNHH Standards of Professional Conduct and dress code
High school graduate or equivalent. Associate's degree in a Business related field preferred, or equivalent work experience.
Two years experience in a medical practice or healthcare facility, preferred. Knowledge of insurance requirements desired. Must be computer literate and have strong customer service skills.
Excellent analytical written and verbal communications skills. Candidate should be able to work with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and able to easily learn new scheduling/registration software any other software that may be required to efficiently perform duties. Employee must be articulate, pleasant and have a professional telephone manner. Employee must be accurate and detail-oriented with common sense and good judgment. Must work with fellow employees to insure the smooth flow of the facility. Must be able to multitask and work discretely with patient information.,