To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in the YNHHS Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values - integrity, patient-centered, respect, accountability, and compassion - must guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
Under the direction of the System Director of Volunteer Services, and as a partner with L&M and YNHHS Patient Experience departments, manages all aspects of the Volunteer Services departments at L&M and Westerly hospitals. This includes all aspects of volunteer on-boarding (recruitment, interviewing, orientation, training and placement). Manages all program development to improve and enhance the patient experience. Oversees all regulatory (JCAHO, DPH, etc.) requirements. This includes formalized health documentation (PPD, Flu, vaccinations), criminal background checks, orientation requirements, etc. Is responsible for budget oversight as well as staff management at both hospitals.
• Manages Westerly Hospital VS staff, as well as seasonal staff at L&M (beach staff).
• Oversees all aspects of 500+ member volunteer departments (L&M and Westerly)
• Manages all volunteer on-boarding responsibilities at L&M (including interview/screening/placement/training/evaluation/regulatory compliance issues).
• Oversees numerous offsite placements as well as student programs coordinated with area high schools and colleges. Is the community representative for all things related to volunteer administration for L&M and Westerly Hospital.
• Manages the annual boot project.
• Works with Auxiliary Board regarding services for patients (magazines subscriptions, pediatric pillow cases, beverage cart, etc.)
• Implements and maintains software tracking system (VSYS 1) to track and monitor all volunteer related activities (demographics, hours, schedules, placements, etc.).
• Runs reports to trace ROI, program statistics, any measurements linked to enhancing the patient experience.
• Creates and is responsible for all aspects of volunteer recognition, including planning the annual volunteer recognition event.
• Coordinates the Gentle Touch Program. This includes Press Releases, informational meetings for the communities, interviews, orientation, scheduling, stocking supplies, etc.
• Works with YNHHS volunteer leadership group to development best practice volunteer programs and services to enhance the patient experience.
• Partners with hospital leaders to identify unique volunteer opportunities to enhance the patient/family experience. Creates, implements and manages all aspects of volunteer programs within the institutions.
Meets performance expectations for Customer Service, Teamwork, Resource Utilization, and Staff and Self Development as outlined in performance review.
Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth operation of the department/unit.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in HR/Human Services/Sociology or related field required. Masters preferred.
Experience: 3-5 years of active management experience, preferably in a healthcare or human resources/services field. All applicants must possess a high level communication skills (written and spoken), proven project management skills and ability to multi-task in a multidimensional program with a diverse population.
Training: Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
Licensure: Certification in Volunteer Administration (CAVS) from the American Hospital Association preferred.
Other: Ability to manage multiple projects/programs and vast numbers of volunteers and paid staff.
Frequently requires: Sitting, Standing, Walking, Driving
Occasionally requires: Bending, Climbing, Kneeling, Crouching, Twisting, Balancing, Reaching
Must be able to push/pull 11 to 24 lbs